Luddites old pics (in the right thread this time)

By Luddite, in Fan Art

DH1.jpg

DH10.jpg

DH2.jpg

DH3.jpg

DH4.jpg

DH5.jpg

DH6.jpg

DH8.jpg

DH9.jpg

Really good stuff. The style is really 90´s.

Great pics!

Especially the first one who by virtue of that cable coming out of his skull, has now become the BBEG for a campaign I'm currently running. My deepest thanks.

Robban-O said:

Really good stuff. The style is really 90´s.

partido_risa.gif Aye, most of them were drawn in the 90's so that figures!

OK, here's a few more i've dug out...

DH101.jpg

DH102.jpg

My shadowrun troll street samurai...

DH103.jpg

Some historical illustrations...could do for WHFRP?

DH104.jpg

DH105.jpg

DH107.jpg

My 'Highlander' character (we used a Vampire the Masquerade coversion for the rules)

DH108.jpg

YThis was a commission for an American friend of mine...well a parting gift really...

DH109.jpg

DH112.jpg

These last three were test pieces i did for Flame Publications WHFRP 1e Lustrian Suppliment (never made it to print). Carl Sergeant's main comments were 'more spikey'!

The pieces are larger than my scanner, hence the blurring...

DH110.jpg

DH111.jpg

DH113.jpg

Has any of your work been published before? It's very easily on par with a good majority of the gaming artwork from that time (and really today, too). :)

Not really. I had a few peices published by Valkyrie (early issues, pre the quarterly relaunch).

And as i said, Flame Publications gave me the commission for 15 pieces for their Lustrian Supplement (that never made it past planning so wasn't published).

Other than that i've had a fair bit published in archaeological journals, but thats about it.

I tried to get into the industry in the late 80's early 90's but never quite made it... sad.gif ...then the need to actually make a living earning money sort of got in the way. Oh well...

EDIT: Glitch - double post...

enfadado.gif You can't edit these posts without bumping them up. Apologies everyone.

OK, here's a couple of 'professional' (i.e. published in archaeological journals) pieces i did a while back. Not 40k or fantasy, so apologies for the lack of spikes...

arch1.jpg arch2.jpg

Luddite said:

Not 40k or fantasy, so apologies for the lack of spikes...

I don't know. There's a couple of vicious looking points in there!

Kage

My favorite has to be the raging ork in the first set it just sums all orks up in one fell sweep.

They love fighting and their crazy.

Very well done.

Cheers Hoodedcrow!

I guess that's what any illustrator tries to do - capture the essence of the subject so i'm glad you picked that out. gran_risa.gif

Personally i think its a bit 'old hat' now, as an image...a bit '2nd edition'.

Ah well...time marches on... happy.gif

Love it! Fantastic work on every piece! some of them remind me of John Blanche's work from early editions of 40K. The ork picture is also my favourite. keep 'em coming! cheers

It's rare that someone with an actual professional level of talent posts their work. Great to see, and really fascinating. It's a little sad that they're all in the 80's 90's style that GW was favouring back then. To me, it says you haven't been keeping up your efforts, which is a shame. It'd be nothing less than magnificent if some of your artwork was to feature in, and help shape the world of, Dark heresy or Rogue Trader.

Cheers Loque.

High praise indeed. sonrojado.gif

Its also true to say that its been a good few years since i knocked out a scribble or two. My creative juices have been flowing elsewhere.

That said, i'm dabbling with Photoshop at the moment trying to get myself up to speed with this new fangled technology. In general i'm also getting interested in my artwork again so i may post up something more contemporary if i can get something produced that i like.

Dark Heresy has really inspired me to look at producing 40k imagery that isn't all 'spikes and guns'...

Locque said:

It's rare that someone with an actual professional level of talent posts their work. Great to see, and really fascinating. It's a little sad that they're all in the 80's 90's style that GW was favouring back then. To me, it says you haven't been keeping up your efforts, which is a shame. It'd be nothing less than magnificent if some of your artwork was to feature in, and help shape the world of, Dark heresy or Rogue Trader.

Firstly he is after all luddite, secondly I personally prefer the 'old' style of art (or in this case Luddite's) to the vast majority of art currently finding its way into many GW and current WFRP and DH lines. I especially hate whoever the main WFRP artist is (not as a person mind you -- but the art.) Hardy thumbs up to Luddite.

i agree with most everyone else, this is some amazing art, you defenitly have talent.

The very first image, the plug in the side of the guys head looks kind of matrix! really good though

Wierd since my drawing predates the Matrix by several years.

Maybe i'm due some royalties...heheh...

remind me of older Adrian Smith.

Now, this might sound like an insult, please bare with me, it isn't meant as an insult- Adrian Smith looked quite bad in the early nineties and these remind me of his work back then-

HOWEVER!

Adrian Smith is one of the better artists in the world of RPG and wargaming nowadays. Seeing how well he evolved you should practice and you will get there also! (one ofthe better artists in the world that is!)

Keep it up!