Two Questions: Professor Morgan and Responses/Forced Responses

By Nomad, in CoC Rules Discussion

OK, here's a situation that came up the other day. It concerns Professor Morgan who has a Response which reads:

“Response: after you draw Professor Morgan from your deck in any phase other than the draw phase, put him into play.”

My question is, if you draw him in your opening hand can you put him directly into play right away? My reasoning is strictly speaking the 'Draw Setup Hand' phase is not the same as the 'Draw Phase.' This might be a bit of a stretch though and I would guess this is probably not allowed, but I would be interested in hearing your thoughts.

The other question relates to Responses and Forced Responses. In a situation where multiple Forced Responses and Responses trigger at the same time, is there any timing priority between Forced Responses and Responses e.g. does the active player have to pick the forced ones first?

Thanks in advance for any comments you might have.

Nomad said:

OK, here's a situation that came up the other day. It concerns Professor Morgan who has a Response which reads:

“Response: after you draw Professor Morgan from your deck in any phase other than the draw phase, put him into play.”

My question is, if you draw him in your opening hand can you put him directly into play right away? My reasoning is strictly speaking the 'Draw Setup Hand' phase is not the same as the 'Draw Phase.' This might be a bit of a stretch though and I would guess this is probably not allowed, but I would be interested in hearing your thoughts.

During the setup, his ability can't be triggered. For some reason or another. Maybe it's a special draw phase...

Nomad said:

The other question relates to Responses and Forced Responses. In a situation where multiple Forced Responses and Responses trigger at the same time, is there any timing priority between Forced Responses and Responses e.g. does the active player have to pick the forced ones first?

Thanks in advance for any comments you might have.

Like actions, players resolve these taking turns, starting with the active player.

Marius wrote:

"During the setup, his ability can't be triggered. For some reason or another. Maybe it's a special draw phase..."

I'll buy that!

Marius wrote:

"Like actions, players resolve these taking turns, starting with the active player."

OK, I am clear on that, but my question really relates to any timing priority between the Responses and Forced Responses. So as an example, something happens in a game and the active player has a Response and a Forced Response that trigger and so does the inactive player. Can the active player freely pick from any of the above effects to take place first or do the Forced Responses have to resolve before the Responses (or vice versa)?

Thanks for your help guys, that clears up that one.