black squadron pilot

By Rogue 3, in Star Wars: The Card Game - Rules Questions

when they are deployed on a ship:

they die with ship?

not adding their damage points right?

if a focus token is somehow placed on them (jedi mind trick) can the ship there in still be used to either defend or attack?

(will they still add icons?)

they commit to force with the ship?

not adding any force icons or adding force icons?

count as 1 commited unit or 2?

can they be targeted as an enhancement? (can they ONLY be targeted as an enhancement?)

As soon as you attach Black Squadron Pilot to a Fighter card, it becomes an enhancement, and therefore subject to all the rules that cover enhancements. So he's discarded along with the card he's attached to if it leaves play. And all he adds to the card are his unit damage and blast damage icons, per the card text. Everything else becomes irrelevant.

Rogue 3 said:

when they are deployed on a ship:

they die with ship?

not adding their damage points right?

if a focus token is somehow placed on them (jedi mind trick) can the ship there in still be used to either defend or attack?

(will they still add icons?)

they commit to force with the ship?

not adding any force icons or adding force icons?

count as 1 commited unit or 2?

can they be targeted as an enhancement? (can they ONLY be targeted as an enhancement?)

When they deploy on a fighter as an enhancement, the card is considered to be an enhancement (and not a unit) with the specified text. As such:

1. They will die with the ship, as enhancements are discarded when the object they are enhancing is discarded

2. Focus tokens could potentially be placed on them, but would have no effect as their only text is a constant ability adding damage icons to the ship they're enhancing.

2b. Jedi Mind Trick cannot place focus tokens on them, they're an enhancement now, not a unit

3-5. The ship can commit to the force, the enhancement that is Black Squadron Pilot does not and also does not add its force icons. This is 1 commited unit.

6. They can be targeted as an enhancement and only by things that can target enhancements.

thanks all….will assume all is correct

Rogue 3 said:

I'd love to give a rules quote with the explanation so that you could do more than just assume we're correct, but it really just comes down to the text on the card:

"You may play this card on any Fighter unit you control as an enhancement with the text: "Enhanced unit gains [unit Damage][blast Damage].""

The card tells us that it plays as an enhancement with a specific text. That's the reason for our answers treating it as such. I think it's a cool mechanic personally, and hope that they make some other cards like it in the future.

dbmeboy said:

Rogue 3 said:

I'd love to give a rules quote with the explanation so that you could do more than just assume we're correct, but it really just comes down to the text on the card:

"You may play this card on any Fighter unit you control as an enhancement with the text: "Enhanced unit gains [unit Damage][blast Damage].""

The card tells us that it plays as an enhancement with a specific text. That's the reason for our answers treating it as such. I think it's a cool mechanic personally, and hope that they make some other cards like it in the future.

i agree with all your answers… it is just that with out any "offical answer" someone can claim that it only plays as an enhancement and is actually not one

hi, please one question ? icon's add to a fighter are black or white?

Thanx

Icons added are black.