disguise question

By Ref, in Game Mechanics

Hi everyone,

after our game tonight, some questions came about disguise and how it works. What I did as a GM, I've role a NPC perception against the player Skullduggery. My player got frustrated because one person seem to recognize him (success - was lucky on the dice). He started to argue about I've should add setback to the pol or it should ave a table.

How everyone handle the disguise part?

Thank you!

It depends. Was the guy trying to impersonate someone specific, or did he just not want to be recognized? Was it an easy disguise where some makeup and a change of clothes could do the trick, or was it more difficult, like a jawa trying to impersonate a wookiee? Did he have to act in a different way? Speak another language?

To be fair, and I appologize since I know this wasn't what you ere asking about, I don't think the NPCs should have rolled at all. The player as the active participant should have rolled his skullduggary with the difficulty upgraded by the perecpction of the best NPC, with setback dice based on if he was known to them and how many he was aiming to fool.

But since they did roll I'd say that the oppisite applies, Perception vs a difficulty of his cunning, upgraded by his skullduggary, with setbacks if he had a high quality disquise (assuming they're trying to look like someone of the same species/gender/build).

Thanks for reply guys,

He has a bounty and since, everyday he disguise himself with a disguise kit(face and clothes) and when his friend saw his picture on the HoloNet, I wanted them to make a perception check to see if they recognize or seem to see a familiar face in that picture. They never saw his true face (this is how he wants to play it) so I could add 1 setback to their roll. Von, I like your idea too, how well he is disguise that day to avoid to be detected.

what do you think?