Focus on the Target DS Deck

By xRegardsx, in Star Wars: The Card Game - Strategy

Bought my second core set the other day and finally got around to working on new decks. Here is my third dualcore DS deck.
Scum and Villainy Affiliation
2x The Bespin Exchange
2x Take Them Prisoner
2x The Emporer's Web
2x Cruel Interrogations
1x Imperial Command
1x Looking for Droids
Card Purposes
2x Sith Library, 1x Imperial Command, 1x Duty Officer, 1x Admiral Motti: To have enough resources out to bring out Emporer
2x Bespin Exchange, 2x Boba Fett, 2x Detained: Capture cards in order to free up resources for playing event cards.
2x Boba Fett, 2x Take Them Prisoner, 2x Detained, x2 Tear this Ship Apart, 2x Cruel Interrogations, 2x Interrogation Droid, 2x Interrogation, x2 Force Choke, 2x Force Lighting, 2x Emperor Palpatine, 1x It's Worse: To remove or disable power cards or cards at random from the game or battle.
2x Intimidated: To make Elite force committed enemy units act like normal units and make non-force committed enemy units act as though they're force committed.
4x Death Star Trooper, 2x ISB Interrogators, 2x Heavy Storm Trooper Squad, 2x Trooper Assault, 1x Orbital Bombardment: To destroy multiple objectives when the LS' defense are down with buffed Trooper Units.
2x Viper Probe Droid: To do an additional 2 objective damage per droid whenever the opportunity arises or to do the final 1 objective damage each in an defended engagement. Being able to be played from the discard pile means this will go on throughout the game.
Again, this is a disable and destroy deck with many ways to do each. Don't bring out Boba Fett unless you know you can win the edge battle so you can focus anyone that can kill him and then in turn capture them if they're not already destroyed. Even more so save Mandalorian Armor for Boba so he gets Targeted Strike on top of his Damage Capacity buff (which is stackable if you put two on him!). With the Armor, you'll want to focus the guys that can kill Boba and damage those that he can kill off in one strike. Once you have all of those with 1-2 damage capacity killed off, then it's time to focus and damage those that do the most damage until they're gone. Play the free to play Blaster Pistol on Boba ASAP.
50 card Command Deck
23 attack-capable (has a damage icon) Unit cards
0 Fate cards (Event Heavy)
What do you think?

I think you're going to have a really hard time getting resource matches.

If I did my math right (And knew my objective factions), you'll have about an 80% chance of getting at least 1 sith and 1 navy card in your objectives - given the smugglers and spies faction - this means you should be ok for 4 of every 5 games from the get go. It's technically better - because I didn't take into account looking for droids and how that affects your resource matches. You have a 100% chance of having at least 1 sith or navy card - so you shouldn't be terribly crippled, as there are lots of neutral units in some of those pods, coupled with the ability to throw cards into fate battles… It should work. Let us know how actually playing goes.

First big issue I see is you have 2 too many objective sets. You want to stick with the minimum, especially with a deck that's so draw dependant.

I'll have to test how a deck like that plays to give further feedback. I've not found much use for fett's OS so far (sadly, since he's one of my favorite characters).

shaggscoob said:

First big issue I see is you have 2 too many objective sets. You want to stick with the minimum, especially with a deck that's so draw dependant.

I'll have to test how a deck like that plays to give further feedback. I've not found much use for fett's OS so far (sadly, since he's one of my favorite characters).

I'm only counting 10 objective sets. Granted it's early in the morning and my counting skills might be questionable, but I think he's got the right number.

There is only 10 there which meets the minimum requirement.

I also tried something similiar and it failed big time. You might get an objective out that will help you deploy things, but once your opponent sees that you are playing with 3 affliations, they SHOULD take out whichever one you only have one of out in play. Makes your hand get clogged. As of now, I don't see an advantage of running 3+ objectives, safer with one or two.

Wow, I don't know how I miscounted that. This site is really not mobile friendly, I think.

Tried the deck though, didn't work out very well.

Boba Fett just needs more cards to build around before becoming viable.