New Edition? New Games?

By Janus, in Fireborn

I was a huge fan of the original relaease of Fireborn, and had run some fantastic games with it. With the released of pdfs of the original game, is it possible we'll see a new edition of the game on the horizon? Alternatively, since the IP is being used for fiction publishing now, will we see new game properties based on it?

I personally would love to see an LCG fitted to the property, or perhaps an intrigue based board game.

I'm intrigued as well. However, it may also be that nothing at all happens with it - Midnight hasn't yet gotten another supplement announced either, only a "Yeah, it's available for download…". So… let's wait and see!

It would seem like something is happening, at least. The combination of several novels being released, as well as the full range (not that it's a large one in the first place) of rule books now available as PDFs, seems to indicate that FFG is preparing something. It would be a good thing too. Fireborn was from just before FFG's RPG material became truly high quality, and the system deserves way, way more than it got with its first release.

Both me and my players loved the system, so I'm eagerly hoping we'll get something new. I can imagine this system being very suited towards custom dice too, of the kind FFG is becoming so fond of.

Got to say I would love to see this line revived properly. Its still one of my favourate rules systems and settings, now all I need is a nice chunk of new material to get my normal player group hooked on what they keep refering to as 'that wierd dragon game'.

Incidentally any ideas on how to sell a fireborn campaign to players that basically have an allergic reaction to anything that isn't D10 or D20 driven please let me know.

Regards

Surak

This is probably a little late, but how about announcing it as a "mystery game"?

"Hey I just found this game at the back of my lgs, want to give it a go? I'll give you a cookie if you can drop your anti-D10 / D20 prejudice for an evening or two."

I'd love to see FFG restart this game, but judging by the amount of "love" this forum has received so far over such a long time, I can't help but wonder if they'd bother. After all, they may have put this forum here to see how much interest it would generate… Not as much as hoped, it would seem :(

Well if they really only look on these forums, then the situation may indeed seem grim.

Though it did have enough fan support to keep a forum with fan made stuff going for a while, and I started a G+ community recently which does seem to gather some interest.

They probably will look at these forums as well, but I think the pdf sales will also be a big factor.

However, if they really had serious plans to bring back/revive Fireborn, I do think a good step was to at least bring back the support of the Fireborn books that did publish, and the errata/secret lore bits that where released.

Those all seem to be absent on any official page, and therefore have to be obtained from unofficial pages.

Sadly, I don't think it's easy to suddenly revive this whole forum with new activity. Any questions relating to Fireborn are all asked on forums which are more active overall, such as RPG.net.

In fact, not too long ago a "Let's Read" topic was put on there, whith some people discussing the game between the lines.

I think the interest is definately there, but with so many rpg's around most will more likely go for more current rpg's then one that has been out of print and is largely unsupported. (not even any news on even a HINT they may have some plans for it either.)

Who's up for a petition to get it started back into production?

Me!

But as there were only 8 people who came in here over the past 2 years, I can't imagine it'll be successful :D

I'd be great if FFG could write up some new content for the game, but I don't think it's likely to happen either, though.

Edited by sekkanar

I just want a pdf character sheet? Does anyone have one?

I just want a pdf character sheet? Does anyone have one?

Want some sheets?

Why not grab them here;

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B_-AxldqQGhzdnAzbnZPX2x5Q3M&usp=sharing&tid=0B_-AxldqQGhzSHJpdmdpWGNxSG8

Should have what you need.

The official version also has a pdf fillable version, but generally use the deluxe sotum oens (red and green colloured) and have them printed back to back.

When switching from Dragon to Scion (flashbacks etc) simply flip the sheet over to the other side and the correct stats show.

If you preffer the "official" pdf fillable version, it's here

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B_-AxldqQGhzSHJpdmdpWGNxSG8&usp=sharing

I hope it helped you.