super excited

By Dsrtwarrior, in Tannhauser

I just got the Matriarchy expansion today! Does any one have pack combos to suggest?

You just got a great team, gratulations! For getting the most out of your team, I'd suggest using the stamina packs for all heroes. Zor'ka gets to roll an additional die in shock rolls, Irishka gets a great melee weapon, Irina gives all heroes a stamina bonus - sadly enough, the Voivodes don't get it. Irina's command pack is reat as well as it gives you a free reinforcement and a movement bonus for the heroes. That's an advantage in game modes where you have to get to certain areas or circles on the board.

Concidering the Voivodes, there are several tokens and combinations that are useful, including a token that changes the Voivodes movement value to 10, one that changes its attack value to 4 and one that allows a Voivode to self-destruct, possibly wounding adjacent characters. There are several others, these are just the ones I can think of right now.

I would strongly advise to buy the matriarchy trooper pack as well, that single expansion will give you lots of options in the setups.

Thank you that was extremely helpful. I will be using them on my next game night!

i do own the trooper pack, my matriarchy team use to be Natalya, Gorgei and the trooper pack. I just need oksana now!

I see you are using natalya in place of 2 heroes, Just bear in mind she is supposed to occupy a hero and a trooper slot, not two hero slots.

Nevertheless in my group we use a home rule from the old rules that basically lets you take a trooper in the slot of a hero, which in the essence would allow what you are doing, using that a really good combo is Oksana, Natalya and 2 voivode pairs, if you equip oksana with the repair token voivodes not only repair themselves but natalya as well making her really hard to stop. The challenge is keeping oksana safe!