Expected and Wanted Changes

By player1658792, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire RPG

Hey All

I dunno if this has been made into a topic or asked yet and if so I'm sorry for re-asking this but a thought came into my head last night while I was reading the Beta Rulebook, and the thought into a question is this:

What changes, reguardless to how small or big they are, do you expect, or want to see within the Core Rulebook compared to what is already in the Beta Rulebook and its Errata/FAQ or the simplified Beginners Box?

Here are a few things that:

I Expect to see in the Core Rulebook:

1.) Some kind of Universal/Galaxy Map (for reference of where and how far planets are from one another)

2.) The keeping of the Standard Dice Conversion Table (this will be handy if there are groups who don't wish to use the Custom Dice)

I Want to see in the Core Rulebook:

1.) A few more Special Abilities/Racial Traits for like the Human, Bothan and Twi'lek Races (Droids seem to have the most at the moment)

2.) Enemy Templates to create your own enemies

Demonic Devill said:

Hey All

I dunno if this has been made into a topic or asked yet and if so I'm sorry for re-asking this but a thought came into my head last night while I was reading the Beta Rulebook, and the thought into a question is this:

What changes, reguardless to how small or big they are, do you expect, or want to see within the Core Rulebook compared to what is already in the Beta Rulebook and its Errata/FAQ or the simplified Beginners Box?

Here are a few things that:

I Expect to see in the Core Rulebook:

1.) Some kind of Universal/Galaxy Map (for reference of where and how far planets are from one another)

2.) The keeping of the Standard Dice Conversion Table (this will be handy if there are groups who don't wish to use the Custom Dice)

I Want to see in the Core Rulebook:

1.) A few more Special Abilities/Racial Traits for like the Human, Bothan and Twi'lek Races (Droids seem to have the most at the moment)

2.) Enemy Templates to create your own enemies

I doubt the Standard Dice Conversion chart will carry over to the final version. It was put into the Beta simply because the specialty dice weren't available and FFG already knew they were asking quite a bit for folks to pay for a "beta" game. Now that the dice system has been tried, tested, and validated (at the very least from their perspective), the need for such a conversion chart is rendered moot.

Droids got quite a few perks because quite frankly,they needed it. Humans on the other hand really don't need any boosting, as those two free ranks in non-career skills equates to a +20 bonus XP.

I think (and sincerely do hope) that the GM section of the final book goes into a lot more detail about building NPCs. Not necessarily templates, but at least some guidelines. Right now, those of us that have been building our own NPCs have been spitballing things, using the NPCs given in the Beta as a rough measuring stick, so a bit more detail on what steps to take and which pitfalls to avoid would be spiffy.

Ya that sounds about right.

I mentioned the Standard Dice Conversion Table because I thought (despite their being no custom dice at the time) that it was a good thing because everyone might not want to use the custom dice despite the app and pack releases but me persopnally love the custom dice.

I actually forgot humans got the extra 2 non-career skills when I wrote this topic but I definitly believe Bothans and Twi'leks need maybe 1 more Special/Racial Trait for Character Creation, and I totally agree the Droids needed those boosts because compared to the other races they were snappable twigs.

As for the template NPC I again agree they don't nessasarily HAVE to be templates but when I thought of it I kinda thought having a set template to a NPC like a Thug

Example:

Thug

Brawn: (Races) Cunning: (Races)

Presence: (Races) Agility: (Races)

Intellect: (Races) Willpower: (Races)

Skills: Brawl, Coerce, Melee, Ranged Light

Talents: None

Soak/Defence: 3/0

Wound Threshold: 10+ Races Brawn halved

Abilities: None

Equipment: Blaster Pistol & Brass Knuckles

and then adding the race you want with its bonus' and use its Core starting xp (no obligation bonus) to improve the Characteristics or skills

This was the kind of idea in my head but i can see it having flaws