Any idea on the Allies Superhuman?

By roler12345, in Dust Tactics General Discussion

Does anyone have any news on his abilities?

Sure, Operation Icarus tells us Sergeant Victory has the Cheat Death skill, which he can use (even when piloting a vehicle) to try to shrug off two attacks.

So far we know:

Armor Class: Soldier 4

Weapons: Pistols

Skills: PIlot, Cheat Death, Superhuman

My guess is that his move will be 2 (or, at the very least, he will have the FAST skill) and he will almost certainly have JUMP (he is shown floating in the air, after all).

I'm guessing his melee skill will be comparable to Winter Child. And it seems likely that he will have DAMAGE RESILIENT like Winter Child, too.

Not sure if he will have quite as much health as WC, though. But probably at least 4, more if they decide not to give him DAMAGE RESILIENT.

From the fluff in the Icarus book:

"Advanced telekinetic strength…uncanny speed…mentally augmented resistance to kinetic weapons… Point is you can run faster than a horse, bullets bounce off you, and you can rip a Lothar apart with your bare hands."

So I'd agree: Speed 2, Jump, Damage Resilience and absurd C combat. Although maybe Cheat Death replaces DR for him.
It does irk me a bit to have such a "superman" character. It's easier to buy into Winter Child, cause he's wearing a tank with radiation beams, but Sgt Victory is just a guy in leather clothes with 2 pistols.

Read the fluff on WC. The powers don't come from the suit. He wears that to keep his powers from frying any friendlies that get too close to him.

I believe Loophole knows that, its because he wears a suit he looks like a super hero, a guy in a scarf just doesn't.

Major Mishap said:

I believe Loophole knows that, its because he wears a suit he looks like a super hero, a guy in a scarf just doesn't.

i would disagree with that. He looks everything like late 40's/early 50's pulp action heroes looked like. A lot of those era heroes would have secret powers, telekenesis, etc, but look like a regular human for the most part. He completely fits in with the era. He looks like a 50's pulp action hero, and Winter Child looks like what a 40's/50's pulp villain would look like.

blkdymnd said:

Major Mishap said:

i would disagree with that. He looks everything like late 40's/early 50's pulp action heroes looked like. A lot of those era heroes would have secret powers, telekenesis, etc, but look like a regular human for the most part. He completely fits in with the era. He looks like a 50's pulp action hero, and Winter Child looks like what a 40's/50's pulp villain would look like.

additionally, the allies already have the "dudes in metal suits" thing covered. Sgt Victory is rad as heck, and I'm seriously considered getting the premium Icarus box, because I know I wouldn't be able to paint him with the care that fig deserves

SeismicShock said:

additionally, the allies already have the "dudes in metal suits" thing covered. Sgt Victory is rad as heck, and I'm seriously considered getting the premium Icarus box, because I know I wouldn't be able to paint him with the care that fig deserves

I gotta agree with that. I like painting the heroes…but Sgt. Victory looks to bad ass to attempt messing up. Premium Edition purchase of Icarus all the way.

Is it confirmed that he's armor 4? That kinda disappoints me. Why do they have to make him armored 4? So he's basically an allied winter child, only he has pistols instead of radiation beams…such creativity

xBeakeRx said:

Is it confirmed that he's armor 4? That kinda disappoints me. Why do they have to make him armored 4? So he's basically an allied winter child, only he has pistols instead of radiation beams…such creativity

he hasn't been confirmed yet as any armor value

blkdymnd said:

xBeakeRx said:

he hasn't been confirmed yet as any armor value

OK, just wondering since Loophole mentioned that we know he's armor 4.

Well, it's just very likely that he'll be Soldier 4, since he's a superhero that can shrug off bullets. And the other superhero in the game is armor 4. I'd say the only difference thanks to the heavy armor is that Winter Child has Damage Resilience, while Victory probably won't.