Question on Double Strike and Tactics

By Judicar, in Star Wars: The Card Game - Rules Questions

This scenario came up in our last game between me and my friend.

I had Grand Moff Tarkin, an Advisor to the Empire and a Tie Advanced defending against my friend's Home One and A-Wing. I won the edge battle and went first with Grand Moff Tarkin, placing a tactics on Home One and taking him out of the battle.

My friend wanted to use a Double-Strike to remove the focus token on Home One and attack again on the same objective but I said that you cannot since I believe Home One did not focus to strike since he was taken out of the battle pre-maturely due to the tactics from Grand Moff Tarkin.

Was I right in my ruling? The game was down to the wire, I had 11 on the Death Star dial and my friend needed one more objective to win the game. Please help!

Double Strike

Type: Event
Cost: 1
Force Icons: 1
Affiliation: Light Jedi
Reaction: After a Character unit is focused to strike, remove 1 focus token from that unit.

#1) Home One is not a character .

#2) Even if it were, did it focus to strike? If the answer is no, the reaction from Double Strike is inapplicable.

Thanks for the answer! We've only played about 5 or 6 games and still solidifying the rules in our heads.

Judicar said:

Thanks for the answer! We've only played about 5 or 6 games and still solidifying the rules in our heads.

I think you just need to be more dilligent in reading the cards as well. This was less of a rules question then a lack of full read of the cards involved,