General events

By Rasiel, in Android

Hi, i dont know if we play it bad, or the general events seem so useless, at least most of them ... usually they take a lot of time and resources for slight advantage. Is what we think...

I know that its not too powerful because it is only supporting mechanic in the game...

Well its the only advantage for first player that he can get there first (especially if he has dropship token). Have anyone uses the events sometime? for example to get the fastest car in the game?

Anyway the first player has one great disadvantage in the game(plot, it is best to play last not first, other players can make your plot end bad... but not if you are the last player, that makes first player waste time and favors on good baggage to protect himself)

Did anyone take the first player token by his own will(visiting the murder and spending one time)?

Hi Rasiel:

You are right that some of the events don't seem to be that much worth to spend time on, but there are still, and the combination of different outcomes can make them really well worth the time it takes to get it done.

Last game I played the Location tokens were worth 6 points rather than the 3 points normal due to conspiracy, we then get one of the events that make you get two tokens for every handin. This changed the game for a lot of people, as they were now trying to figure out how to get to the place and as well be able to hand in the favors for tokens, as one handin would net you 12 points, and that isn't to bad..

Getting the fast car with one of slow moving characters such as floyd would really make him a powerfull character, or rachel.. Or what about getting to plant that hit for only 3 time, that is really low cost to start making people feel uneasy about one of their hunches. Ofcause some of the events don't do much in some cases, but in others they can really change the game flow.

Getting the jump on the case was one of the things we in our group changed after first playthrough, we even talked about it first time we played it cause as you say, it can cost you extra time to be safe with bagage if you are first player and 3-4 others can alter that afterwards. We changed it so getting the jump on the case you could announce another player to become the lead.

ztilleto said:

Last game I played the Location tokens were worth 6 points rather than the 3 points normal due to conspiracy,

Just a small, quick correction: that conspiracy piece only changes the value of the Haas/Jinteki tokens from 3 to 4 VPs. 3 to 6 VPs would be silly powerful.

Just a little reiteration on the mechanics: They are worth 6 VP when there are three links from the conspiracy into the Haas or Jenteki link on the board... So yeah they were very powerfull, but so are favors when linked up correctly.

ztilleto said:

Just a little reiteration on the mechanics: They are worth 6 VP when there are three links from the conspiracy into the Haas or Jenteki link on the board... So yeah they were very powerfull, but so are favors when linked up correctly.

Ummm... No. There is no Haas/Jinteki link on the board. The bonus to those tokens comes from a single conspiracy tile (one for each org) that can be placed so that it either connects to the conspiracy or not. There is only one link that leads into each and so multiple links cannot be formed.

Multiple links can be formed. In the same way as to all of the other links - which also have just one path in and out.

The secret is to trace links from each 'side' of the middle conspiracy tile to a final destination. Therefore the maximum no of links is four

Cheers!

Nhoj

Bleached Lizard said:

Ummm... No. There is no Haas/Jinteki link on the board. The bonus to those tokens comes from a single conspiracy tile (one for each org) that can be placed so that it either connects to the conspiracy or not. There is only one link that leads into each and so multiple links cannot be formed.

Just to take it from the manual, but as Nhoj also wrote the reason why.

Page 24
About the Jinteki Link or Haas Link : These two pieces may be used to create links from the conspiracy to Haas-Bioroid and Jinteki, or not, depending on how they are placed. When closing the case, Haas tokens are worth +1 VP for every link made between Haas-Bioroid and the conspiracy, while Jinteki tokens are worth +1 VP for every link made between Jinteki and the conspiracy. Links are described in more detail below.

Page 25
About Links to the Conspiracy :
Picture in the bottom left column even shows this with the Jenteki.
Explaination text for the picture reads:
For example, in the diagram below, there is one link to Human First (along the yellow line), while there are two links to Jinteki ) along the green and red paths).
But this isn't just for the Jenteki, but for every place on the board, as Nhoj also says, the maximum is 4 links to each.

Yes, the thing to keep in mind in measuring links is that, given the possibility of divergent/convergent routes, locations can have multiple routes back to the middle. However, when calculating paths back to the middle, you only look at the number of sides of the middle token it connects to. And the Haas/Jinteki tokens are no different than the spaces around the board, except that they might not be in play in every game (depending on how quickly you place conspiracy tokens).

Nhoj said:

Multiple links can be formed. In the same way as to all of the other links - which also have just one path in and out.

The secret is to trace links from each 'side' of the middle conspiracy tile to a final destination. Therefore the maximum no of links is four

Cheers!

Nhoj

You're right - I'm an idiot. Ignore me!

Bleached Lizard said:

Nhoj said:

Cheers!

Nhoj

You're right - I'm an idiot. Ignore me!

I can't - because sometimes you're my kind of idiot ;-)

Nhoj