Lightning Attack with Killing Strike?

By OomieCrusha, in Black Crusade

One of the players in my group recently combined Killing Strike with Lightning Attack. As I look at the descriptions, I noticed that Killing Strike required an All Out Attack, while Lightning Attack was a Half Action. Since they both take different amounts of time to perform, I was wondering if this was a viable combination.

OomieCrusha said:

One of the players in my group recently combined Killing Strike with Lightning Attack. As I look at the descriptions, I noticed that Killing Strike required an All Out Attack, while Lightning Attack was a Half Action. Since they both take different amounts of time to perform, I was wondering if this was a viable combination.

I would say that as Killing Strike description says All Out Attack is used then it's that or nothing. Also did the player remember to spend Infamy Point.

Killing strike is a modification to all out attack. It can not be used with anything other than an All out Attack action.

OomieCrusha said:

I look at the descriptions, I noticed that Killing Strike required an All Out Attack, while Lightning Attack was a Half Action. Since they both take different amounts of time to perform, I was wondering if this was a viable combination.

It is not, as they are both Actions with the Attack subtype, and you can only make one action of any subtype each round.

So you can make a Movement and an Attack action, or an Attack and a Concentration Action, but not 2 Attack actions.

Thanks for confirming what I thought. I think he did spend the infamy point, but I can't remember.