Fleeing the Empire / After you refresh,…

By Pentarn, in Star Wars: The Card Game - Rules Questions

Hi everyone,

I'm a new player from germany and during yesterdays play session, we found the following problem:

- The LS objective "Fleeing the Empire" says: Reaction: After you refresh, place 1 shield on a target unit or objective you control.

But on page 12 in the rulebook, it reads: Refresh phase:

"1. He (the active player) removes one focus token from each card in his play area. (Any effect with the text “after you
refresh” can be used after completing this step.)

2. He removes all shield tokens from each card in
his play area."

So the DS player laughed and mentioned: ok, so you will get one shield, and lose it in the next step…so in his oppininion i had to use the reaction after step 1, but that seems not really satisfying to me :D how do you handle this card and the "after you refresh"-timing in general? Do you trigger it after completing the whole phase?

Thx for your help!

It's been frequently mentioned that a playtester said the bit about "after you refresh" actions taking place after you remove focus tokens was an error that didn't get caught before the rulebook went to press, and that those actions should take place at the end of the entire refresh phase.

I remember the playtester saying that the timing in the rules book was wrong… I don't remember them saying it would be after the entire Refresh Phase (though I might have missed that one). I was assuming it would be moved to after all of the automatic events (removing tokens and revealing new objectives) but still before the player actions step in the phase. *shurgs* Either way, it is something that will definitely be addressed in the FAQ whenever they get around to it.

DailyRich said:

It's been frequently mentioned that a playtester said the bit about "after you refresh" actions taking place after you remove focus tokens was an error that didn't get caught before the rulebook went to press, and that those actions should take place at the end of the entire refresh phase.

Thank you for clarification, guess i didnt read the forums carefully enough :/

Pentarn said:

DailyRich said:

Thank you for clarification, guess i didnt read the forums carefully enough :/

Don't worry about it. Finding things on these forums is not easy.