Fun Little Synergies (Post Your Mini Combo's)

By Ravncat, in Star Wars: The Card Game - Strategy

I thought it might be useful, if we found little synergies that might not be so obvious (across multiple pods, or affiliations perhaps) that can be useful as part of a deck.

(I'll get the ball rolling)

Emergency Repair (Jedi Event) or Fleeing the Empire (Rebel objective) And Questionable Contacts (Smuggler Objective)

Questionable contacts moves damage from friendly units to enemy units, by damaging itself after refresh - Fleeing the empire shields an objective after refresh - allowing you to add and remove a shield to activate questionable contacts… (or emergency repair repairs questionable fully)

While the combo sounds nice. Under Shielding it says that shielding can be used to shield "damage or tatics by an attack or an enemy effect (i.e. it cannot prevent damage and focus tokens placed by its controllers cost or effects).

Little combos that i have been testing, while some of these may seem really super obvious i have been trying to synergize Lukes, A heros journey + Mothmas, Mission Briefing.

Combos Like, Trust your Feelings on Battle Field Engineers to get an Extra shot with the Heavy Blaster turret, or Using Battle Field Engineers to give Luke even more activations with Trust your Feelings. Also no one ever wants to kill Leia when it would give you a advantage, guarding her and with Yaven 4 Guardians of Peace can help keep her and your Battle Field Engineers alive longer.

I missed that, Emergency repair still works with it though.

Rancor and the Viper Probe Droid.

Now - you can pay 2 resources to destroy the probe droid and play it every turn, keeping the rancor on the table. As long as you need to, and have resorces to keep it on the table. - it's not gonna save your cost 1 units, but it will save your cost 2 and 3 units…

Ravncat said:

Rancor and the Viper Probe Droid.

Now - you can pay 2 resources to destroy the probe droid and play it every turn, keeping the rancor on the table. As long as you need to, and have resorces to keep it on the table. - it's not gonna save your cost 1 units, but it will save your cost 2 and 3 units…

You could also run the Rancor with Corporate Exploitation, giving you five 0-cost Espo Troopers to feed to it, plus the ability to throw a 1-cost unit out for free every turn with Corporate Exploitation's ability.

Very true - and good catch! I just like that the probe droids don't come from your hand, so you can keep more cards in hand.

Thought of this last night,

Questionable Contracts kills itself over time. Add that with Decoy (dial goes down by 1) + the enhancement card that gives you the same effect and you can kill your questionable contracts to reduce the deathstar dial by 1.

lol, not very usefull but still it works.

Magni

Don't now how much of a mini combo this is but here goes:

Luke + Trust Your Feelings + Battlefield Engineer = Luke attacks 3x

Probably a really obvious one, but the ewoks with anything that has targeted strike is sweet. Lock out their powerful guy and chip away at it all you like. (Mind trick works too.) Better with Shi Cho training so you can snipe a BUNCH of guys. (Win the edge, then use yoda to wreck everyone.)

Archrono said:

Probably a really obvious one, but the ewoks with anything that has targeted strike is sweet. Lock out their powerful guy and chip away at it all you like. (Mind trick works too.) Better with Shi Cho training so you can snipe a BUNCH of guys. (Win the edge, then use yoda to wreck everyone.)

This seems to be assuming that targeted strike with Shi Cho training allow to divide damages outside combat, which contrasts with the writing on the card

I don't know if two cards can be considered a combo, but I can't get enough of TIE Bomber with Tallon Roll. I usually attack with an intimidating force thar draws my opponent to defend with everything they've got, then I attack a different objective with the TIE Bomber.

He wins the edge automatically and deals 2 blast damage
I use Tallon Roll in the action window right after focusing TIE Bomber to strike
He now atttacks again for two more blast damage
I win unopposed and knock out most objectives with just these two cards

Last game I played I used this in conjunction wiht Devastator and some other TIEs to take out every one of my opponent's objectives. My opponent wasn't happy with that.

By the way, if anyone sees any reason why this doesn't work, please let me know since it's kind of a driving force in my Imperial Navy deck.

Budgernaut said:

I don't know if two cards can be considered a combo, but I can't get enough of TIE Bomber with Tallon Roll. I usually attack with an intimidating force thar draws my opponent to defend with everything they've got, then I attack a different objective with the TIE Bomber.

He wins the edge automatically and deals 2 blast damage
I use Tallon Roll in the action window right after focusing TIE Bomber to strike
He now atttacks again for two more blast damage
I win unopposed and knock out most objectives with just these two cards

Last game I played I used this in conjunction wiht Devastator and some other TIEs to take out every one of my opponent's objectives. My opponent wasn't happy with that.

By the way, if anyone sees any reason why this doesn't work, please let me know since it's kind of a driving force in my Imperial Navy deck.

Nope, that works perfectly.

Budgernaut said:

In rereading this, I realize I didn't say what I meant to say which is that I took his three current objectives in a single turn. Not sure if that makes a difference, but I wanted to clarify.

And thanks, dbmeboy, for the confirmation.