a little feed back on the game

By wonderboy84, in Dust Tactics General Discussion

hi all

im new to the forums and to DT, i ordered the revised core set and received it yesterday…after having to go all day at work thinking about what was in the box i simply COULDNT wait to get it out and start playing. So after dinner me and the gf played our first game (well not quite a game we only used 1 walker and 1 squad each with only like a 1/4 of the map to get used to the game) i would like to say HOLY STARSHIPS this game is awesome. At this point i should point out that i tried getting the gf into other wargames (WM) but she found them way to complicated…and even my gf enjoyed it. SO to all those out there thinking of getting this game but arent sure i was in the same boat as you a week ago and now i know i couldnt of made a better decision.

im looking forward to playing this game and hopefully joing the DT community

Yeah this game rocks. Simple enough mechanics with enough depth and complexity to balance it all. Plays relatively quickly and you can customize your army the way you want with the reknown point system and the many cool units available.

Get familiarized with the game and play some more games. Then, if you feel like it, you can add new units in and the game will feel a bit different each time with the added new skills and unit gameplay.

***Disclaimer: This next comment is only my opinion and you do what you want with it heheh.***

With the revised core set I would also add the Terrain Tile pack. It's cheap, gives you 12 cardboard tiles which are a lot nicer to play on than the posters and the revised Blue Thunder scenario book with new point system taking into accounts. Another great addition are the Command squads (or Heavy Command squads which I prefer by a lot). They add some nice skills that help your units on the battlefield and ca issue commands all over the place. And if you get the Heavy Command squads, you have Armor 3 units that are a bit more resilient and pack a bit more punch that their Armor 2 equivalents.

Enjoy!!!

wonderboy84 said:

im looking forward to joing the DT community

Guess what, you already have! animado

The real question is , does your game playing girlfriend have a sister?

I heard of more women liking Tactics than any other wargame. I'm hoping that means it will become a major player in the market.

fhaugh said:

I heard of more women liking Tactics than any other wargame. I'm hoping that means it will become a major player in the market.

One way or the other you are a playa bro !!!

thanks for the replies its nice to be welcomed and a mega thanks to SolenneBern i have been trawling the internet trying to find suitable units to add in next..i honestly cant tell you what a help thats been.

@mgentile7: unfortunately she does but shes looked up in my basement JUST incase things dont work out with the current model.

wonderboy84 said:

thanks for the replies its nice to be welcomed and a mega thanks to SolenneBern i have been trawling the internet trying to find suitable units to add in next..i honestly cant tell you what a help thats been.

@mgentile7: unfortunately she does but shes looked up in my basement JUST incase things dont work out with the current model.

Good luck my friend !!