Pre order question.

By Legate71, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire RPG

Pretty much just that. Is Edge of the Empire core book available for pre order at present?

Not on miniature market or cool stuff inc yet. I emailed them the link for the game and asked whe they would post for preorder. Very excited to get the book and another set of dice (in addition to those I got with the beginner game).

Legate71 said:

Pretty much just that. Is Edge of the Empire core book available for pre order at present?

I doubt you'll see it for pre-order until we get closer to the actual release date. With the current information saying "Q2 2013," that could be anywhere from April to July, though the Beginner Box flyer citing "Spring 2013" has a fair number of folks hoping for April or May release.

Personally, I'd love to see it released first week of May, if only for the sake of the old "May the Fourth" pun.

Donovan Morningfire said:

Personally, I'd love to see it released first week of May, if only for the sake of the old "May the Fourth" pun.

Never underestimate the power of the pun-side.

In regard to "May the Fourth", I'm also partial to the "Revenge of the Fifth" extension.

Locrious said:

In regard to "May the Fourth", I'm also partial to the "Revenge of the Fifth" extension.

I always did "May the fourth", "Cinqo de mayo", then "Revenge of the Sixth." Due to the hangover of the day after.

Locrious said:

Sadly, both dates fall on a weekend this year, and on a Monday in 2014 and 2015.

Would indeed be awesome if the 4th fell on a Friday, particularly in 2015 ;)

Yeah, jumped the gun a bit when I saw someone on anothet forum posted he pre-ordered the game. Only to later find out he had just set up an order with his LGS for whenever they get their copies in.

This is FFG, I've not actually seen a product released on time, o if they now say '2nd Quarter' they probably mean July or later. I'm always seeing packs for things like AGoT LCG set for release (through things like Game Trade and Previews) in two months, only for them to be three or four months later. Which is a shame, because the Beginners Game came out so long before- they're going to lose so many customers that way- March/April was bearable, June-July isn't!

Yeah, I'd like to see it May 4th.

I would like to see May 4th as well, but honestly I really want it to release as soon as q2 starts. My entire group is chomping at the bits for this.

I was originally expecting Gen Con, so anytime before then is good with me. I'm going to GC this year (I do every other year), so if it's released at the con I'll definitely snag it. That being said, I'd prefer am April-May release, too. But hearing how they're often 2 months or so behind (not a big FFG gamer, honestly) I'm still keeping a wary eye on Indianapolis.