First Time Question about Escape as Mist

By bornfattom23, in Fury Of Dracula

Has anyone else had problems with Escape as Mist being overpowered at night? Seems like, especially on the last night of the game, it allows Dracula to almost automatically win the game by preventing the Hunters from engaging him in combat. Anybody got any suggestions on how to deal with this? In my group, it became a big problem and I'm having trouble getting people to play the game again until I can justify how this card isn't overpowered. Thanks a million.

Sister Agatha comes to mind immediately, anytime you pick an Escape card (or Fangs) you have to pay 2 Blood. Garlic prevents Drac from choosing an Escape card for 3 rounds.

And Holy Water can damage Dracula using Escape - Mist if the Hunter wins the combat roll.

But the best way to handle it: attack Dracula during daytime. He truly rules the night. demonio.gif

wow. I don't know you but I get the feeling your a give up easy kinda guy?

Escape as mist can be prevented with garlic firstly. Sister Agatha can make him pay for it every time he does it. This combination means he takes 3 blood loss everytime he tries to do so. A great combination would actually be to force him to attempt a dodge/escape. Carry rifles. Two of them if need be. Rifles pretty much repel dracula win or lose on almost every card. Then when he is forced to escape or dodge he is hit up with the holy water with Agatha for 3 points of damage. Or take the knife to him if he tries to dodge for an easy kill if you do not have a stake.