Gaming Aids?

By Wickedstormy, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire RPG

So I just finnished running my second gaming group through the beginner game and it was a huge success. Everyone had a lot of fun and we are excited for the full fledged rulebook to be released. Has anyone heard of FFG releasing and gaming aids for this game? Specifically, they did a great job with the Warhammer Fantasy RPG components, will they be releasing something akin to a GM kit or a Player Vault? A DM Screen? Additional dice? An NPC token set? (Although the Dice app is fantastic. I think by the end of our session everyone had purchased the app). Thanks!

Check the thread labeled "Some Good Product Support Right Out The Gate," which has a link to FFG's official web announcement regarding the EotE corebook. It has all the official info that FFG has announced regarding additional products beyond the EotE core rulebook.

Yes. As Donovan stated, there’s a thread with updated info on supplements.

You’re spot on about the WFRP aids, though. Totally agree. I’d love to see stances come in to play especially Conservative and Reckless actions and dice. Hopefully when Force & Destiny comes out, they’ll have something like that for Lightsaber Styles and stances.

Some Force powers are so complex, that it’d be cool to see the WFRP casting mechanic come into play for stuff like Shatterpoint , Force Phase , or Absorb Energy and the like. The Strain and Misscasting aspects are really fun (and scary).

Okay, I'll check it out. Thanks all! I'm stoked about this game!!

-Wicked

Gaming aids is why I always wear a scuba suit when I play with other…..OH. Yeah, there is a GM kit that includes screen and other items. Also, one of the guys on the beta forum was making item cards that could be used in place of writing out all the specs of items on the char sheet. He was setting them up to be printable and foldable, and they were looking pretty decent.

Wickedstormy said:

An NPC token set?

Wizards of the Coasts now-defunct Star Wars Miniatures game gave hundreds and hundreds of fantastic pre-painted minis to use as well as dozens of great maps that are perfect for RPGing combats. When I RPG, I like to have minis to better get an idea of what's going on during the combat. My brother and I and friends just this summer even use D&D, HaloClix, and MageKnight pieces. I prefer minis to tokens for visual aesthetics.