Revised Edition Update

By zolantar, in Runewars

The Upcoming section states that the Revised edition is scheduled to arrive sometime in January. It woul be great to get an update on that piece of information. When is it going to be available? Is this order on time or is it going to be delayed?

Thanks,

The website categorizes upcoming games based on their status using color-coding. An explanation for each status is on the right sidebar.

Currently, Runewars: Revised Edition is "on the boat." This means it has finished printing, and it is en route from the printer (e.g. in China) to FFG's warehouse in the US. This process takes 4-6 weeks total. Once it's at the warehouse, it will be shipped to retailers. This takes 7-10 days, and longer if you live outside the US.

This means you should check the website daily to see when the status has changed from "on the boat" to "shipping." On that day, add 7-10 days, and that will be the range when it hits US store shelves. The earliest we will see the game, which would happen if it began shipping tomorrow and the shipping time was 7 days, will be January 25th .

For FFG to make a shelf date of January 31st, the status needs to change to shipping no later than January 24th . Even then, there is a possibility for the game to hit store shelves between February 1st and 3rd with a ship time of greater than 7 days. If the status changes after January 24th, then we know the release date has been delayed until February.

So check the website, add 7-10 days when the status changes, and there is your shelf date.

Excellent!

Thank you for your detailed explanation! I will check often ;)

Regards,

The shipping began today, so the game will be on US shelves starting next Wednesday, January 30th.

Wow! I'm amazed at your prompt reply! FFG is to be commended not only for its top-quality products but also for your zeal for your supporters/customers! It is indeed a rare thing these days!

Thank you once again!

zolantar said:

Wow! I'm amazed at your prompt reply! FFG is to be commended not only for its top-quality products but also for your zeal for your supporters/customers! It is indeed a rare thing these days!

Thank you once again!

Artaterxes isn't an FFG employee, as far as I know; he's just a devoted fan :)

Granted, FFG does have excellent customer service, though :)

True that!

I was completely taken aback by such a committment to spreading the good word about this much-anticipated release!

Kudos to fans like him and FFG! ;)

Cheers!

No problem Zolantar!