Boston area aGoT players?

By cml, in 7. AGoT Metagame Discussions

Hello all,

I have recently picked up the game and have started playing with friends in the Boston, MA area. Since I'm providing all the cards, though, I'm not getting much chance to see other people's deckbuilding, and I'd love to expand out my play circle.

So, is there anyone else in this area who plays?

I've got a small group of friends in the Boston area who play; we're very new to the game (core sets and deluxe expansions only so far). We've been looking for a local gaming store where people play to get some more exposure to the game but haven't had much luck yet. We're hoping to get some games in at PAX East this year, at least.

If there's no one playing in your area, you'll have to be the group to start. It's amazing how many casual players there are. Many times just no one to take the initiative to organize season play , tournaments or at least some regular casual play. I've been playing for 2 years and got fed up with no competitive arena where i live ( halifax Canada) i started doing myself. We now have 8 people regular at one store on Mondays and meet up with different players on the weekend at another store. Month away from starting season play. Made a page on facebook for people interested in league play. Just did it yesterday. Now to get 30 or so casual players to play competitve and tons more people who love Thrones , read th books or watch the show and have never heard about the card game! We also have a LCG HUb in Nova Scotia to organize event for any lcg events. In 3 months time i'm amazed at the response!

OK, I will be at PAX, I haven't played in 2 years but I have up to the last cycle released, will bring 1-2 decks.

I should point out… the decks I build tend to not follow what everyone else is doing… except maybe Staton.

We're up in Portsmouth, NH, about 50 minutes from Boston. I'd be interested in potentially driving down if there was a group. Also, there's a nice new game store here that has weekly game nights.

So I went down to the Newington regional this past weekend and met a few other people who play in the Boston area.

I may try to set up a day at some point for people to get together and play - will keep checking in on here as well.

Apparently there's another CT regional coming up on June 1st. Wish I could make it :(

Also, there is a league starting in Standish Maine on Tuesday. Think I'm going to check that out; I'll report back.