Worst Objective Set?

By cooleo1c, in Star Wars: The Card Game

ffg_decoy-at-dantooine-core-14-1.png

tn_a-new-hope-core-14-6.jpg tn_fall-back-core-14-5.jpg tn_false-lead-core-14-4.jpg tn_rebel-trooper-core-14-3.jpg tn_wookiee-navigator-core-14-2.jpg

Three of those cards (A New Hope, Wookiee Navigator, Rebel Trooper) are pretty fantastic. Fall Back! has great synergy with Leia, and False Lead is worth 2 Force icons in an edge battle. I think there are far worse pods. Like, for instance, Rumors.

The Espo and Ewok sets. What makes them particularly useless is the '1 Per' limit on them, as that nullifies the entire point of a strategy using them.

The Espo set is fantastic. I run it in my Trooper deck, and I wouldn't swap it out for anything. 5 copies of the Espo Trooper means you don't need doubles for consistency, and the ability to play a surprise Espo or Death Star Trooper as a defender can be pretty clutch.

Ewoks do suck, though.

Ewoks aren't that terrible. I used one to force my opponent to keep their Devastator at home instead of defending with it.

Fall back could also be useful for a super extra focused home one so you can use it again next turn or for ackbar….1 hit to everyone again….and they'll now it and fear it!!!

Also, new hope after your last attack (and edge battle) could get your opp hand with no new things before their turn having to actually discard to their reserve value….pretty awesome (besides being the wildfire assault of starwars….agot reference)

I think I'm on the Ewok wagon.

At this point, I would also have to say the Ewok objective is the worst. That or Rumors at the Cantina.

Rumors isn't that bad. I've used it to my advantage before. Remember that the sympathiser lowers any card by 1, and lets you ignore resource match requirements. It's a way to get that Han out in your Jedi or Rebel deck if you just didn't draw this objective or Questionable, and yet have the 4 to spend, or a swindled at the right moment to ruin your opponents day.

I'm on board with the Tribal Support being my least favorite. Until more Ewok objectives are released (come on Endor cycle), I just don't see the potential yet.

No objective set is "the worst." As prev. comments have shown, they all have their usefulness in the right deck, synergy being everything with how deckbuilding works in this game. That said, Fleeing the Empire is the best objective set.

MarthWMaster said:

No objective set is "the worst." As prev. comments have shown, they all have their usefulness in the right deck, synergy being everything with how deckbuilding works in this game. That said, Fleeing the Empire is the best objective set.

I agree here, but for the sake of staying true to the thread, Rumors is pretty bad.

Those Furry Maneaters on the Jungle planet get a second place vote. Eventually they will get better, Rumors I don't see that happening.

jss_hobbie said:

MarthWMaster said:

I agree here, but for the sake of staying true to the thread, Rumors is pretty bad.

Those Furry Maneaters on the Jungle planet get a second place vote. Eventually they will get better, Rumors I don't see that happening.

The problem with Rumors is that 4 out of 5 cards in it are geared towards ignoring resource match requirements, plus the objective itself. That's complete overkill. The Imperial one is far better, since it comes with only 2 Dark Alliance for those tight spots where your resources in play don't let you drop what you need, and that's enough of a backup to your objectives. Then you get It's Worse, which is a pretty solid little magic bullet with 2 Force icons, and 2x Probe Droid, which is an insanely good card. Sure, it's not that amazing in play, but the ability to play it from your discard pile is almost like increasing your hand size by 1 for each copy you pull.

"False Lead" is one of my favourite pictures - I wish it was an Imperial card! So cool - Imperial Stormtroopers picking through the wreckage of an abandoned Rebel control room.

Even the Objective sets that are "weak" due to not having any of the top tier cards in them are good in the right situation, so I don't think there's really a proper answer to this question.

I'd like to revisit this topic because our little player group is going to hold a "worst deck"-event.

Ewoks still look to be pretty inconsistent, and therefore bad. "It could be worse" was suggested too, and though it's pretty bad... well... it could quite frankly be worse.

Anzati Elite seems terribly overcosted, but the rest of the set is... usable.

I dunno. I've never had to pay anything to drop Anzati Elite into an edge battle.

Actually, Serve the Emperor is what I would consider the worst objective set there is. Followed by Hunt them down.

I'd like to revisit this topic because our little player group is going to hold a "worst deck"-event.

Ewoks still look to be pretty inconsistent, and therefore bad. "It could be worse" was suggested too, and though it's pretty bad... well... it could quite frankly be worse.

Anzati Elite seems terribly overcosted, but the rest of the set is... usable.

I haven't seen anything worse than this one. Asteroid Pursuit is pretty bad too for DS, but at least I can sort of see some synergy with Family Connections.

ffg_hold-the-line-the-battle-of-hoth-61- ffg_hoth-rearguard-the-battle-of-hoth-61 ffg_hoth-rearguard-the-battle-of-hoth-61 ffg_hoth-rearguard-the-battle-of-hoth-61

ffg_coordinated-strike-the-battle-of-hot ffg_battle-of-hoth-the-battle-of-hoth-61

I agree on Hold the Line!

Asteroid Pursuit is not an objective I want to have in play but the cards inside of it make my Trooper deck click.

Dannik for dark

Sensors are placed for light.

My opinion.

I'll continue to hold my opinion that Rumors in the Cantina is the worst set. Outside of Rescue Mission being part of the infinite Leia combo, it really doesn't do much at all.

I dunno. I've never had to pay anything to drop Anzati Elite into an edge battle.

And I assume you drop Force Push and Anger in the edge as well? :P This is indeed its best use, but when you include a set that's only usable in the edge, there are arguably better alternatives (like Recon Mission). I do agree that the objective itself is a great T1 flop as you don't need to commit anything, but the cards are so expensive its use is limited.

When you look at "Hold the Line" in a vacuum, it's bad, but like mischraum.de indicates it's fine in a dedicated trooper deck, though the overcosted troopers hurt it's usability. But nowadays you have a protect trooper as well, and a bouncer, which makes for an interesting chain (though not anywhere near tier1 value). The deck wants to spawn 2 troopers each turn, and you almost have to include a Motti set if you want to accomplish this. I play a fundeck around Piett atm (which is also quite horrible imo), but you can occasionally win if you get enough blast damage on the table. Piett's ability's "attack only" restriction hurts it a lot.

I'll continue to hold my opinion that Rumors in the Cantina is the worst set. Outside of Rescue Mission being part of the infinite Leia combo, it really doesn't do much at all.

Like mentioned before "It could be worse" might cause some annoyance for DS, but more often then not it's just going to sit in your hand or used to prevent when it doesn't matter. The rest of the set is horrible, even if you do attempt to play 3 colours, which I never did.

I think that - in our next "worst deck"-event - we might take this as a "build-around-me" card, where you HAVE to play it twice but are free to select whatever non-restricted-Yoda set you want.

Edited by Marginal0

I think that Asteroid Persuit is the worst objective set.

Sabotage in the snow from the Hoth cycle. What garbage:/