Edge stack

By rdobyns, in Star Wars: The Card Game - Rules Questions

Is there anything that would keep a player from adding in everything in there entire deck to the Edge stack? It seems like it would just be one twist of fate after another. The people I have been playing with pick the number of cards they want to play right at the begaining instead of one by one.

Thanks

The biggest thing preventing you from adding your entire deck to your edge stack: you won't have your entire deck in your hand to use. Only cards in your hand can be used in the edge battle (and you don't draw back up to your reserve value until your next draw phase). Also, your friends are playing incorrecly if they are declaring number of cards ahead of time. What you should be doing is alternating back and forth deciding to either place a single card or pass until both players pass in a row.

(I'm not sure that answered your question… please clarify if I didn't)

You are only able to put cards from your hand into an edge battle stack. The active player chooses a card, then the opponent, and it alternates back and forth until both players pass consecutively. You really wouldn't want to waste excessive cards from your hand into an edge stack as you may lose, with no real benefit, units you'd rather deploy or events you'd rather actually play. Additionally, a major disadvantage to playing all of your cards in hand during your conflict phase would be that you wouldn't have any cards to play during an edge battle triggered by your opponent during his conflict phase (barring any card drawing effects you may have). Now, I may be confused, but it sounds as if you and the people you are playing with are putting cards from your draw deck into the edge battle. That isn't how the edge battle is played.

rdobyns said:

Is there anything that would keep a player from adding in everything in there entire deck to the Edge stack? It seems like it would just be one twist of fate after another. The people I have been playing with pick the number of cards they want to play right at the begaining instead of one by one.

Thanks

Why are you adding card to the edge stack from you deck?

Also -ignoring the fact that you can't play cards from your deck in the first place-, there is that little issue that you automatically lose the game if you need to draw a card and your deck is empty.