Focused to strike and exhaustion

By Evazorek, in Star Wars: The Card Game - Rules Questions

hi, so I have a rules query.

If there are two units defending against one assaulting unit, lets say the defender wins the edge battle, focuses his first unit and destroys the attacker. Does the second unit who has no one to focus strike against get an exhaustion token or does he simply never get activated that combat?

Cheers,

Stephen

As soon as attackers/defenders are declared (in step two of the engagement) they are considered to be participating units. All participating units must focus to strike during the Resolve Strikes step.

From the rulebook (p. 20):

A player does not have the option to pass during this
step. If he has at least one ready participating unit, it
must focus to strike.

If all of a player’s participating ready units are exhausted,
but his opponent’s are not, the opponent continues
to focus and strike with his ready participating units,
resolving one strike at a time, until all participating units
are exhausted.

Thanks for the response. Think I might go back and read the rulebook again as that was a glaringly obvious rule to miss out.

Evazorek said:

Thanks for the response. Think I might go back and read the rulebook again as that was a glaringly obvious rule to miss out.

As simple as your response is, I really appreciate and respect what you just said. Let your words of truth and humility be the shining beacon for all to follow.

I have only played one game through but here is a question that I didn't see answered in the rule book.

If I lose an edge battle with a character who has the "white" strike icons and no "black" icons, do I still have to place focus token on them even though they cannot strike?

Thanks.

BARF said:

I have only played one game through but here is a question that I didn't see answered in the rule book.

If I lose an edge battle with a character who has the "white" strike icons and no "black" icons, do I still have to place focus token on them even though they cannot strike?

Thanks.

Yes. You focus to strike, realize you have no active attack icons and pass the action back.

BARF said:

Thanks.

Yes, all units in an engagement must focus to strike, even if all of their icons are edge-enabled. In fact, even if there are no icons at all ( Corellian Engineer , for an example of such a unit that you'd want in combat) the unit must still strike and receive a focus token.