Promo Cards Still Available?

By DevNull, in Elder Sign

I just got into this game and am loving it. I've been playing the Call of Cthulhu card game since way back in the Eldritch block, so it's surprisingly that I only just expanded into Elder Sign.

Anyway, I'm wondering if the promo cards found in "Lies of Solace" and "Bones of the Yopasi" are still available or if it was a limited time type of deal?

Not so sure they were limited, but I'm not that into this matter. Books should have a coupon you send over to FFG to have back the promo card. Best thing is that you mail the customer service (they usually are very good, very fast, very helpful) and ask them directly :-)

Thanks, Julia. That's not a bad idea. I assumed that FFG had a more prominent presence on their forums. :)

DevNull said:

Thanks, Julia. That's not a bad idea. I assumed that FFG had a more prominent presence on their forums. :)

You're welcome. After some years in these forum, I've seen very rarely some of the mods posting in a thread, unless something bad happens. Hope you could get a quick and positive answer :-)

The promo cards are still available. I just mailed in both last Friday 2/8 and received them yesterday 2/15. Super fast!

I finally sent in my $1.99 & got the 2 ES Adv.Cards in about a week.

OD

Is there a coupon that's need for these cards or… I friend owns the game… what are these promo cardS?

They come with the books The Lies of Solace and Bones of the Yopasi (other two books have Arkham Horror promo coupons).

What other two book?

Dam said:

They come with the books The Lies of Solace and Bones of the Yopasi (other two books have Arkham Horror promo coupons).

Dance of the Damned (nothing to do with me reir ) and Ghouls of the Miskatonic. These two are both book 1 of their respective trilogies, with the previously mentioned books book 2.

Thanks. I have sent the coupons for the other two in alread.

I sent in the forms for both Elder Sign cards and the Arkham Horror ally card about three weeks ago. A few days ago I got worried, and emailed them. I purchased physcial copies of the books just so I could get the cards. I will be devastated if they got lost in the mail, which should be unlikely as I included a return address and would happily cover any insufficent postage costs should the need arise. Still hoping for a positive outcome.

I am in the same boat. The forms do say 6-8 weeks, so I would not get too worried yet. I do not know how large a staff they have and if they are working on getting the expansion out, I can wait a bit longer for my cards.

My four checks have not cleared yet so I still have hope. Hang in there.

Turgul01 said:

My four checks have not cleared yet so I still have hope. Hang in there.

Thanks for checking into the checks, Turgul. ha ha

I think my expectations were high due to folks implying a quick turnaround. FFG can take their time, as long as everything works out in the end.

I had sent them a message regarding this a few days ago with no response, but perhaps no news is good news, in this case.

I also have been checking to see if the check I wrote out was cashed. It hasn't yet. I'd actually would feel better if it was, because at least I'd know that it was received.

Just got word from FFG that the cards will shortly be on their way, and that they received the forms and payment. Very relieved!

Sounds good. I wonder if they will be sending mine soon as well. I will let you know.

They have arrived!!! The Log of the Perephone (4 tropphy points)and the Hand of Solace (1 trophy point) look nice. I was surprised that they are printed on thin card stock.

Oops. The cards are the same thickness.

I'm glad you got your cards. They sent me the wrong one.

Instead of getting 'The Hand of Solace' they sent me 'Dance of the Damned'. I emailed them and hope to receive a reply.

I had sent in all four entries and I received teh two cards and Dance of teh Damned and Oliver Grayson. One of the MIBs (actually a woman) has Arkham, so I will give them to her.

I got all four books, but I wasn't that interested in the 'Dance of the Damned' starting rumor variant (I prefer to play rumors as normal), so I only sent in the three. If I recall correctly, the picture of the Dance of the Damned card was on the form for 'The Hand of Solace', but I checked and double checked now, and I did send in the correct form, and that it listed 'The Hand of Solace' in the text on the form.

What can I say? I'm bummed. My family is a bit anti-game, and I was barely able to get them to play Elder Sign, which is why I've been focusing more on it. I haven't been able to get them to play Arkham Horror at all, so getting the two Elder Sign locations means a lot more to me.

I hope I don't have to drop more money and time into this.

Hopefully the FFG folks will make it right. Good Luck. The only time I get to play Elder Signs is when the local MIB runs the monthly Game Day at one of the local game stores.

I got mine today, sent the coupons over to a friend in the States first and had him to the sending of money. Not too bad timewise, he got the coupons 23 March, I got the two ES Promo cards 15 April (in Finland).

That's awesome, Dam. Makes my situation a lot less painful when I think about all you had to do.

I received word from FFG Customer Service, and they will be sending the correct card, which I am quite relieved about.

Turgul, maybe I'm behind the times with today's slang, but what's MIB? The Men in Black?