Reporting Technical Issues

By FFGPhil, in Elder Sign: Omens

Please contact [email protected] with any technical issues you encounter while enjoying this software.

Alternatively, you may post in these forums. Although FFG staff will not typically respond, we do monitor these forums for technical issues.

I just downloaded 'The Dark Pharoah Rises' update with much anticipation, but unfortunately everytime I open it, my MB Pro crashes. Deleting and re-installing does not rectify the problem.

The game freezes with a blitzed screen with the game music playing in the background like an old 8-bit PC! - and I'm unable to escape with CMD Q use.

Pity.

Larry.

FFG Software Support sorted the issue. The graphics display setting had corrupted (OS X version).

Pressing the 'Control' key on start-up and changing the resolution sorted it.

Cheers guys!

Larry.

I think there is a bug in the Hastur Mythos Effects in the iPad HD version of Omens.

Playing a game just now, two midnights in a row, the Hastur Mythos effect displayed the monster icon, but no monster title. The monster icon flew up into the HUD area, as usual, but the monster total did not increment, and the message "a monster appears!" was not displayed.

I had 8 monsters out already, and thought it might have something to do with a limit, but the doom tokens added monsters as normal, pushing it up to 10 monsters out.

I can't explain what's going on here. If there is no Mythos effect, the game always says so.

When the monster icon appears for the Mythos effect, the name of the monster also appears, like "lunatic" or "high priest" .

Until today, I'd never seen the Mythos effect show the monster icon and have no monster name displayed. Perhaps there is a hidden limit to the number or kind of monsters Hastur's effect can place, and so nothing was added because they were already all out on the map?

I'm not sure, but it was confusing enough that I think you ought to check it out and put in some kind of message so the player knows what is happening.

I've encounterd a glitch where I'm about to open an 'Other World' (by way of completing an Adventure) but can't do anything and I'm stuck.

Details:

1) I complete an adventure and one of my rewards is opening an 'Other World.'

2) I now return to the museum map.

3) The next room in the Museum opens. So far, so good.

4) Next, the the little green gate (orb?) appears in the lower right corner of the screen. Usually, you wait for the gate to float into the Museum and open an 'Other World' but this time, it just sat there doing nothing.

5) Since the Other World doesn't open, the game is caught in a loop and the player is stuck. You can't continue your game.

Not a fatal bug as I just reset the game and pray that this bug doesn't occur when I immediately resume the campaign.

Note: this bug occurs very rarely. I've played this game steadily since the beginning of the year and this bug only occured after I downloaded the 'Dark Pharoah' expansion.

Edited by Saint7

The latest update broke Hastur. Now all you get at every mythos phase is a riot or high priest monster- never any doom, loss of sanity, locked yellow die penalty, turning into lunatics with one sanity, etc.

Good opportunity to boost your high score, though- basically, you can play forever and never lose if you avoid adding doom in other ways.

Edited by xfoley8

Haven't played in a few weeks but I do know there was a patch since I last played. Picked it up today to play and I get the Black screen of death. Playing on a Sony Xperia ZL. Uninstalled and reinstalled twice to no avail.

Hey FFG,

Your latest update seems to have broken Ithaqua on a HTC One S phone (Android Jellybean).

The museum section is fine but once you are to 'launch your expedition to Alaska' the game will crash and just display a black screen.

Steps:

1) From the Ithaqua campaign, bypass the museum section by pressing on the Supplies button to 'Launch your expedition.'

2) Either watch the cutscene or skip it by tapping on the screen (makes no difference).

3) the game starts 'Loading'

4) the shutters close

5) notice how the game hangs with a black screen.

6) you'll have no choice but to force close the game and relaunch it. However, continuing your Ithaqua quest is useless because you will be stuck again anyways. You can only abandon the Ithaqua quest and choose another Ancient One.

7) Obviously this sucks because you have lost all of your hard work.

Hey there.

I'm playing "Elder Sign: Omens" (v. 1.4.2) on a Samsung Galaxy S1 running Gingerbread 2.3.6.

For the last few weeks, I've been trying to purchase the Cthulhu expansion through the in-game store. However, every time I hit the "purchase" button, the program freezes, followed by my phone crashing and rebooting.

I've already sent an e-mail to [email protected] - so far, there's been no reply.

What's up, FFG? Don't you want my money? ;)

Playing on a Google Nexus 10, as of the last update, when I start the game I just get a black screen. Not a frozen device, just a black screen that I can shift to and from in the task manager. Any thoughts?

Edited by Vroomfondle

Playing on a Google Nexus 10, as of the last update, when I start the game I just get a black screen. Not a frozen device, just a black screen that I can shift to and from in the task manager. Any thoughts?

...and a complete uninstall/reinstall fixed the problem. Any way to get my progress back?

The Hastur midnight effect where you're supposed to lose sanity for each lunatic, riot, or high priest in play does not work properly. As far as I can tell, only the lunatics trigger the sanity loss. I had a combination of 3 riots and high priests when this came up in my last 4-investigator game, and no characters lost sanity.

I play on an iPhone 5c.

Edited by xfoley8

Hi !

I have just downloaded Elder Sign:Omens from Steam to my old laptop IBM Z61m and when trying to start the game I get this message

DirectX9 GPU (Shader Model 2.0) is required.
Your GPU (Mobile IntelĀ® 945GM Express Chipset Family)
only supports Shader Model 2.0

and it won't do anything afterwards.

Looks like the game asks for something I have (I do have DirectX9 installed to this comp).

Any help ?

Tnx.

Edited by gusar

I'm using the app on my Samsung. The latest version introduced a few errors. The game won't let me select a die face for the wild card on the red die. It also won't let the handyman change the yellow die to any face. The photographer is still able to upgrade an investigations die to plus 1 investigations.

Downloaded today, immediately have no sound. iPhone 6. Redownloaded, same issue.

Argh!

Downloaded today, immediately have no sound. iPhone 6. Redownloaded, same issue.

Argh!

No sound for me on an ipad air

Been a while since I last played. Just realised on Android, Wendy Adams stats are incorrect. She shows as 3 Sanity (should be 7) & 3 Stamina.

On 6/28/2013 at 3:52 PM, GI Joe said:

I think there is a bug in the Hastur Mythos Effects in the iPad HD version of Omens.

Playing a game just now, two midnights in a row, the Hastur Mythos effect displayed the monster icon, but no monster title. The monster icon flew up into the HUD area, as usual, but the monster total did not increment, and the message "a monster appears!" was not displayed.

I had 8 monsters out already FileZilla UC Browser Rufus , and thought it might have something to do with a limit, but the doom tokens added monsters as normal, pushing it up to 10 monsters out.

I can't explain what's going on here. If there is no Mythos effect, the game always says so.

When the monster icon appears for the Mythos effect, the name of the monster also appears, like "lunatic" or "high priest" .

Until today, I'd never seen the Mythos effect show the monster icon and have no monster name displayed. Perhaps there is a hidden limit to the number or kind of monsters Hastur's effect can place, and so nothing was added because they were already all out on the map?

I'm not sure, but it was confusing enough that I think you ought to check it out and put in some kind of message so the player knows what is happening.

The game freezes with a blitzed screen with the game music playing in the background like an old 8-bit PC! - and I'm unable to escape with CMD Q use.

Edited by HAILITY