idea for new ability

By player684030, in Dust Warfare General Discussion

it would be called coordinated attack, ive been throwing around some ideas about it whether it would be a one time use thing or not, things like that, but

here goes what i was thinking. if you have 2 units within command distance of command unit the command unit can issue a coordinated attack, and also

if both unit leaders have line of sight to the enemy unit as well. then both units can fire simultaneously at the enemy unit giving them more dice to try to kill

off a heavy walker or something you just want dead, and the enemy unit would receive 2 suppression markers if it some how survived the attack. let me

know what you think or feel free to throw your ideas in as well.

This looks to me like a variation of what Commissars do, only better. The ability you describe is, in my opinion, something a Hero would grant once a game, more than once a game this ability is abusive. If your goal is to design it as a Platoon upgrade, then it should fall into the 20+ point range.

Instead of 2 suppression markers I would say the target unit gains a suppression marker automatically.

Keep in mind the ramifications of such an ability. Axis Heavy Laser Grenadiers could abuse this ability to vicious effect. A combined two squads could make a 6/3 Laser attack, or with Overcharge a 12/3 Laser attack. That is a potential, but unlikely, 72 damage.

Agreed, it's too powerful. It violates the small unit one-at-a-time mechanic that this game has going. How's this for an alternate better new rule: 'Overwatch,' allowing a unit to fire in reaction at its full range, but only if it has no Suppression (like normal reactions), and doing so gives the firing unit both a Reaction and a Suppression counter. It would be useful for tank-hunters, full-scale long-range machineguns, and snipers, allowing them to do what they really do.

yea probably is too strong but yea just kinda had it come into my head and sounded cool atleast lol