Balancing odd numbers of objective sets

By Budgernaut, in Star Wars: The Card Game - Strategy

So first off, I am really attracted to balance. Not game balance, aesthetic balance. Now in this game, you can have up to two of each objective set in your deck, and I've read multiple times that if it's good enough to be in your deck once, it's good enough to be in there twice. But you also want to keep your deck at 10 cards. So my question is, what do you do when you include Hit and Run or Reconnaisence Mission in your deck. Aesthetically, it's hard for me to put in just one of another objective, so I often leave these out even though I want the fate cards. Alternatively, I'd like to think that the other objective sets that are limited to one per deck are so limited because they are powerful sets, so the balance guy in me would like to always pair one limited objective set with another so I don't have another objective set left out. But I find that as powerful as Corporate Exploitation and the ewok set are, they don't work for every deck.

I predict that the most common responses I'll get are "it depends on the deck" or "wait for the card pool to e pand" but I jst thought I'd see if others have had similar musings and how they've addressed this issue.

It depends on the deck ;-)

But seriously, for Reconnaissance Mission and Hit and Run I tend to find a way to fit them in. It's a hard decision, but I pick one other set to be x1. For the other 2 limited sets, I mostly consider them future deck material as I'm not convinced that the tools to build around them exist yet.

Weirdy Enough both of them have slowly drifted out of my decks, they are fantasticly sweet objectives and cards, but my desire to have more consistancy has overwhelmed them as sweet options. I also really like the endor set the ability to stealth in home one, luke, han, or any other sweet card with an ewok is really really powerful as a LS player, even just a y-wing. But due to a lean towards Sith on both octgn and my lgs i find that my lovable ewoks just get choked to death.

i hate to be a broken record but with how they are doing the card pool, there will soon be lots and lots of good builds that have 1perdeck objectives. With the 2 new objectives +1 limited per deck there will quickly be alot more out there. Which is interesting in a card game as building a consitant deck will become a little harder as the sweetness expands. In general the construction i was explaining to some NR guys at the LGS last night is simpler and some what easyer to build decks, but the refining processes are much harder. I found in AGOT, or NR its easly to draw a card ever once and awhile and simply say EH im not really using this very often im gunna swap it out, were in SW you have to evalute its Edge value, other pod cards, and objective.

who knows but i dont see myself using the limited 1 per deck objective much until we have faction specific.

magni

I can't say I run into your requirement for aesthetic balance myself, though it's always nice when it turns out that way. Generally I find whatever my weakest objective set is and cut a copy of that to add Hit and Run or Reconaissance Mission. Unless the deck truly doesn't need it.