Newbie In-Game Questions

By powerwindow, in Tannhauser

Just finished first go at a Death Match and encountered some situations that can use some clarifications.

1. While searching a crate can only disposable items be dropped in order to take the item in the crate? In other words can abilities or medals be discarded in order to pick up the crate item? We agreed, "no." This in effect would make a Stosstruppen with a stamina pack unable to collect anything other than command points.

2. If your last character to move for that round finds a command point allowing reinforcements can you bring in an available trooper? Seems as if you should be able to; however, the rule states reinforcements are brought in before you activate a player that turn, but technically your next turn would not occur until the next round and you would lose the extra command point at replenishing tokens to 2, making reinforcements unobtainable.

3. May be obvious, but any character can use any disposable item, you don't have to be of the same faction as the item? Makes sense to me if the Obscura dudes use Nighteyes they'd still be able to use the allien technology.

Thanks for the clarification and I'm sure I'll have some other questions the more we play, but for now I think it's a fun game that seems to have enough options to keep it fresh for a while. As is typical for me, I've found abother game at the end of its cycle. Oh well, as long as the components are still available for awhile it'll be fun.

Tom

Quick answers…

1: Only disposiable equipment may be dropped, or traded.

2: CP must be used during the turn it is aqquired or it is lost, Reinforcments may only be brougt in at the begining of a turn before the turn starts, so the short answer is no, you can't use CP from a crate to bring in reinforcements (please refer to the FAQ)

3: If a disposiable item is on the board anyone can pick it up and use it, unless the item has a restriction, like "can only be used by characters with the Weaponery Skill" etc.

Happy gaming.

Although Miah is of course right concerning question 2, I'd like to add the following point: If your last character is activated, searches a crate and finds one or more Command points, you can just replace the crate token on its circle and don't actually take (and waste) the CP. Just search the crate again during the next turn (or whenever you like) to collect the CP.

Thanks for the info, but we are still trying to settle on the Reinforcement issues, as there seems to be a conflict in the game rules and the official FAQ's. The game rules state, "Remember that most modes of play only give 2 Command Points per turn. Because introducing a reinforcement costs 3 Command Points, introducing reinforcements is only an option in these modes when a player manages to gain extra Command Points on a given turn, such as by searching a crate or receiving them from a peice of equipment. However, in the FAQs: "Q: When exactly can a Trooper be sent in as a reinforcement? Is this possible in a 2 Command Point game? A: Reinforcements are introduced at the start of a turn, before any characters are activated. In a 2 Command Point game, there is not currently a way to introduce reinforcements using Command Points."

So is the FAQ correct because of the restriction of when reinforcements are introduced, makes it impossible to accomplish in a 2 Command Point Game? Just curious if this is how most people play, or if they allow reinforcements as long as you still have a character to activate that turn?

Thanks

??! said:

Although Miah is of course right concerning question 2, I'd like to add the following point: If your last character is activated, searches a crate and finds one or more Command points, you can just replace the crate token on its circle and don't actually take (and waste) the CP. Just search the crate again during the next turn (or whenever you like) to collect the CP.

If your character is still alive ! avergonzado_alegre

powerwindow said:

So is the FAQ correct because of the restriction of when reinforcements are introduced, makes it impossible to accomplish in a 2 Command Point Game?

Yes, the FAQ is correct ! Only way to introduce reinforcement is a 3 CP or special scenario rules.

Gaffophone said:

??! said:

If your character is still alive ! avergonzado_alegre

You can also use a different character of course!

Concerning reinforcement: Challenge tokens are a possibility to introduce a reinforcement even in 2 CP games. A completed challenge gives you 3 CP that you can use any time you wish - even at the beginning of a turn to get a reinforcement.