Fillable PDF's Borked?

By Hadet The Pestilent, in Black Crusade

Seems that no matter what I do on either of my computers, either with Chrome or Acrobat, when i start filling out a character sheet via the PDF it autofills the second Didget all the way down through all the fields. Acrobat was requsting an Asian Font pack which i installed which didn't remedy the problem.

It does this to me as well.

I've had that error as well, but it disappeared when I changed to XChange PDF Viewer. It's faster anyway and it has some nice gimmicks that Adobe Reader lacks. The only drawback is that it doesn't handle non-standard page numbering - meaning an eBook is numbered 1, 2, 3, with 1 standing for the front cover.

Hi all,

I noticed the fillable form wasn't working for me either, so I opened Acrobat Pro and found that most of the fields had the same name, so a lot of readers will simply fill out all of those field with the same value. I updated the form to make each field unique, except for the stat boxes (fill in the boxes on the first page, and the boxes on the second page match them), and I also added checkboxes for all of the skill boxes. Made a few minor cleanups as well.

I also created a low-res version, as the high res is pretty darn big.

Download them here:

H igh Res Fillable Sheet

L ow Res Fillable Sheet

Let me know if there are any issues.

Edited by akuma12

Hey akuma12 thanks for fixing all of the text fields. I have been meaning to make the character sheet fillable for a while now but with FFG's little mess up on the forms I knew it would be easier to just start from scratch and I didn’t want to put in the time and effort to do that and upgrade the functionality as well. Here is my update on to what you have done.

http://www.4shared.com/office/E00zEXNK/_Black_Crusade_Character_Templ.html

Changes made:

• added upgrade dots to below each stat
  • resized and aligned the check boxes for skills
  • added missing skills from the errata
  • added a section for force fields
  • created an easy way to clear all fields just incase

Thanks guys.

I'm pretty sure it's outside the capabilities of a PDF editor, but it would be really cool if it could total up all of the XP expenditures and list them under XP Spent. Wishful thinking I guess. Looks great either way.

OomieCrusha said:

Thanks guys.

I'm pretty sure it's outside the capabilities of a PDF editor, but it would be really cool if it could total up all of the XP expenditures and list them under XP Spent. Wishful thinking I guess. Looks great either way.

That is a fairly easy thing to do but the reason I didn’t is the same reason why your movement is not auto calculated - other things could be adding to it not covered by the calculation. For example, you have been playing with a group for a while and the GM has given you a Legacy weapon. Everyone else either has powerful weapons or lucky rolls on their own Legacy weapons, leaving you way behind on power. So the GM tells you that he will let you spend exp to catch up. In other systems where character sheet space is scarce you just write a note, update your exp, and move on with your life. With the form updating itself with each new entry you would have re-update your character sheet each time you bought anything becoming a pain in the butt . That or take up space on your sheet.

Now that I am thinking about it, BC does give you a lot of space for listing all of your exp spent so I think I will update it when I get home from work.

Sorry it took me a while longer than I intended to get it updated. EXP now automaticly totals spent and I set up EXP Earned to auto calc too. use the same Link for the update