Command Section Composition

By dreddnought, in Dust Warfare Rules Discussion

Hi Gang, first post…..

I am a little muddy on the command section requirements. This is my interpretation. It's meant to be a complete summary so I am looking for anything I have missed as well as any corrections. Where heroes are involved I have assumed all infantry type and speed requirements are met.

So this is what I interpret a command section can be:

1. The designated command unit

2. The designated command unit plus a hero either with or without 'leader' (is 'leader' required here?)

3. A lone hero with the appropriate 'leader' ability

4. A hero with the appropriate 'leader' ability attached to any appropriate platoon section or support unit except the first section (since a platoon is required to have both a command section and a 1st section)

5. After the original command section is lost, any unit/hero of the platoon may be designated as the temporary command section

Is that correct? Have I missed anything?

The command section can be either the designated command unit or a hero with the ability to lead that type of platoon.

Attaching heroes to units is done at deployment and any unit that is joined by a command section hero becomes the command section. The only restriction for joining heroes to units besides soldier type and speed, etc. is that command section heroes can only join units in their platoon. So, a command section hero can join the 1st section of his/her platoon at deployment. For the most part, the platoon concept is thrown out the window once the first model hits the table.

You are correct that any unit can become a temporary command section. Trust me, having to nominate a temporary command section means your game has gone really, really bad and you will almost certainly lose.