Question about starting expansion games.

By Senko, in Doom

Okay I may have missed this but if not I'm hoping someone can help. We recently completed the base game and were planning on starting the expansion but we can't find if we're meant to keep or lose our equipment. If we retain all our cards, armour, weapons and amunition we'll be extremely powerful with no real reason for the weapons. On the other hand if we are meant to lose everything but our starting equipment (like in the PC games) that should be mentioned somewhere in the rules. So what I'd like to know is do we . . .

A) Retain everything we gained in the base game and simply continue on into the expansion as is or . . .

B) Do we lose everything except the starting supplies you get when beginging the base game begining the expansion naked as it were?

As the scenarios in exspansion set starts from number VI and they start excaly in the place where the basic scenario ends, my common sens tells me that you can keep everything that you earned in previous games. Just like you did moving from scenario one to scenario two, from two to three...

Sorry for my language :(

Considering the difficulty of the expansion missions, they seem to be made for a fresh start - it's perfectly possible to get safely through the first mission for totally new marines, maybe more so than for the first mission from the base game.

On the other hand, why not give your marines a treat and let them play their old characters happy.gif If the scenario gets too easy, you can always mix in an additional invader or two.

haslo said:

Considering the difficulty of the expansion missions, they seem to be made for a fresh start - it's perfectly possible to get safely through the first mission for totally new marines, maybe more so than for the first mission from the base game.

Absolutely. We played scenario 6 as a one-off last weekend, with me as Invader (using expansion deck) my friend running 2 Marines. We used Organized Marines, Well-Trained and Unending Pistol mods and he beat the scenario on 4 Frags. Of course, both of his Marines got out with 1 Health left, it was very close. Dang Red die abandoned me, it was like an X day with that die llorando.gif . And he somehow got Tough on one of his Marines enfadado.gif .

Given that we've tried a campaign from scenario 1 with the same set-up now I think 3 times, each a failure in scen 1, definately seems easier. Of course, those attempts at scen 1 have been with the base game Invader deck, which certainly packs a punch compared to some of the wimpy expansion Invader cards.

Thanks so basically its a pick what works for you scenario then.