UGL and Sniper Questions. Please help me clarify a few things my buddy and I disagree on.

By crazymoes, in Dust Warfare Rules Discussion

1. If you use a weapon that eliminates cover (UGL, Grenades, Flamethrowers etc.) is cover eliminated for all of your attack weapons or just those specific weapons? I understand it as eliminating all cover for this attack if even just one grenade was throw and the I used other weapons.

2. With the sniper ability does it affect other weapons aswell or just the sniper weapon? Example with my sniper team I decide to attack a target wit my grenades instead of any guns, so I would roll 2 dice one for my sniper and one for the spotter and any hits automatically damages target. I come to this conclusion off of the FAQ where it states that rosie can join a sniper team and she would gain the benifit with her M9-D BAZOOKA. Just need to clarify because my buddy says no way . : )

3. With certain Walkers in there weapon descriptions it shows several weapons of the same type but on the stat line it only shows one, does this mean they can only attack with one or all the weapon on there description as long as there in the firing arc? because other vehicles for example the allies HAW M6-B FIREBALL has in the description: Turret Dual .30 cal Victory MG (2) . So I would assum you could fire both, in contrast the is-48 lists 3 different Dshk Machine guns but lists them all seperatly and on the figure they are all placed facing diffrent directions. I would assume with this tank I could only use one or am I wrong you can fire with all the weapons stated in description irregardless of practicality?

Please help me out in any way possible.

Thank You

crazymoes said:

1. If you use a weapon that eliminates cover (UGL, Grenades, Flamethrowers etc.) is cover eliminated for all of your attack weapons or just those specific weapons? I understand it as eliminating all cover for this attack if even just one grenade was throw and the I used other weapons.

2. With the sniper ability does it affect other weapons aswell or just the sniper weapon? Example with my sniper team I decide to attack a target wit my grenades instead of any guns, so I would roll 2 dice one for my sniper and one for the spotter and any hits automatically damages target. I come to this conclusion off of the FAQ where it states that rosie can join a sniper team and she would gain the benifit with her M9-D BAZOOKA. Just need to clarify because my buddy says no way . : )

3. With certain Walkers in there weapon descriptions it shows several weapons of the same type but on the stat line it only shows one, does this mean they can only attack with one or all the weapon on there description as long as there in the firing arc? because other vehicles for example the allies HAW M6-B FIREBALL has in the description: Turret Dual .30 cal Victory MG (2) . So I would assum you could fire both, in contrast the is-48 lists 3 different Dshk Machine guns but lists them all seperatly and on the figure they are all placed facing diffrent directions. I would assume with this tank I could only use one or am I wrong you can fire with all the weapons stated in description irregardless of practicality?

Please help me out in any way possible.

Thank You

1. You are correct. It is all weapons.

2. Sniper is Shared an applies to all weapons and miniatures in a unit. Again, you are correct.

3. All weapons on a vehicle can be fired as long as the target is in the weapon's firing arc. The stat line for each type of weapon is shown only once for brevity. The IS-48 has 3 machine guns, 2 in the turret (360 degree firing arc) and one in the front. It could fire all three at a target in its front arc. The turret weapons can fire in any direction. Placement of the guns on the model does not necessarily represent the rules.

1. If one weapon has an ability to ignore cover or armor rolls(such as burst, or grenades) then all weapons in that attack ignore cover or armor rolls.

2. Page 56 of the core reads: An attack made by a unit with a Sniper miniature does not allow the target to make an Armor roll." It later includes no cover. So all attacks made with a sniper unit ignores armor and cover. This will include grenades. In addition, the spotter ability will work for all non-close combat weapon lines.

3. Some weapons show multiple weapons on the model, but unless it has an (x) it fires as one weapon. e.i. A weapon line with a "(2)" would have 2 of the same weapon line that could fire at the same target or split the lines. Other weapons fire as turret (360) or in one of the 4 fire arcs. All weapons can fire in same order provided there are legal targets in the proper arcs.

Thank you all for your help I really enjoy dust, but a few rules can become tricky.