Opening Crawl

By N1njal00tr, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Beginner Game

I was so enamoured by the Beginner Game that I was compelled to learn After Effects enough to create an opening crawl and tilt for it (who says you never learn anything from games!). You can find it on youtube at:

or just do a search for "Escape From Mos Shuuta Opening Crawl".

It's my first so please, be kind :)

You are awesome. I've shared this on twitter and google plus.

I think that the sw.com site has a crawl builder too…

Good job!

*slow clap*

Excellent, a wonderful game aid. Reminds me of the great visual aid done for Paranoia's starter mission.

Excellent. I'll be using that!

Excellent job.

I will show this to my players as the introduction of the story.

Thank you very much !

Immensly usefull, thanks a lot!

There is a crawl generator here . Might save some time for those of us not as skilled in doing it ourselves.

Nice work.

I'll certainly keep this handy should I run the Beginner Box adventure in the future.

This is awesome! Much better than the crawl generator on sw.com.

Just one thing, shouldn't it be sun-baked rather suns-baked? Or are they actually referring to Tatoo I and II?

I used the starwars.com widget to do mine, but I was disapointed, I wasn't able to actually publish it to my players…. But I did end up displaying it before our first game, it was a good mood setter!

Congrats, I haven't even tried to work with After Effects at all.

Poe said:

Just one thing, shouldn't it be sun-baked rather suns-baked? Or are they actually referring to Tatoo I and II?

It is Suns-baked… Tatooine is a multi-star system.

Great stuff,definitely use it. Thanks for the links as well everyone. The crawl adds a nice touch on game day.

Kallabecca said:

Poe said:

It is Suns-baked… Tatooine is a multi-star system.

Yes I know, but it still sounds… wrong. Oh well it's kind of funny anyways. :)

Much obliged for the link its certainly fun to use but still can't seem to share the results so keeping to Microsoft Word for now, but thanks all the same!

Oh and have a happy new year everyone!

Very cool, thanks for sharing this. Will definately be putting this to some use as soon as my gaming group gets a chance to start the beginner adventure. And nice touch even had the zoom down to the planet at the end. Happy New Year all!

I had some free tonight so I've created two crawls for Long Arm of the Hutt; one using the original flavor text included with the adventure, and one with paraphrased text that I felt was more in line with the tone and voice of movie crawls.

Crawl with original flavor text:

Crawl with edited flavor text:

I'd add these links to my original post but it doesn't look like I'm able to edit it anymore. Unfortunate.

Gah. Double post. Also unfortunate.

L0thar,

I was wondering if you'd mind me linking to your YouTube of the crawl?

Are you familiar with RPG geek? rpggeek.com

Only I was going to write up my adventure there and wondered if it would be okay to use your opening crawl in my write-up, with credit obviously?

If you really don't want it posted on RPG Geek that's not a problem.

Cheers.

Feel free to do so ugavine. I created and posted these on YouTube for the community, so the more people who can use them the better!

You sir are a wonderful GM for bringing this to us.

Thankyou.

Great job.

Thankyou.

Hey there!

Im from Germany and over here we´ve got this empire-like music-rights-control-thng called GEMA, who are basicly taking down any video on youtube, which has any sort of copyrighted music in it. Sucks pretty bad.

So would it be possible for you to make your opening crawl video availabe on some other videohosting-platforms? Or maybe even a filehoster like rapidshare or the likes?

Thanks a lot!!!

Thanks for this. I used the recorder on my computer and recorded the SW site one and then edited in my own music to sync it up properly, but now I can just download the youtube video. Groovy man. cangrejo

Yeah, I had done the same for my group, using an older template. Had to jury rig some work on it. Any chance you're going to share out your methodology or a template for the rest of us After Effects users ;) ?

L0thar, your are the maaaaaaan!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have to ask, what did you use to create these? I would love to learn how to do these for my games.