Twilight Horror Aylum Pack contained only 40 cards?

By brolyatakus, in CoC General Discussion

Hi, I'm not sure where to put this but anyway I recently bought a few asylum packs one The Spoken Covenant and the other Twilight Horror. The Spoken Covenant ad 60 cards 3 of each card however the Twilight order did not a few of the cards there was only 1 of. 10 cards came with only 1 copy of each is this normal or did I get ripped off if so then I'll have to tell the guy I bought them from.

The older cycles of asylum packs originally came that way. FFG has since reprinted some (maybe all for CoC, not sure) in the new 60 card format.

well this was one of the lcg but thats probably the case however what doesn't make sense is my other asylum packs the first ones that came to the lcg format are all 60

Only the early cycles of CoC ever came in the 40 card format. Then the 60 card format debuted, and all later packs came out only in that format.

Of the older packs, all of them have been reprinted in 60 card format except the Dreamlands cycle.

when you say the older sets do you mean the ccg CoC? That's kind of confusing because of they've reprinted them where are they in the deluxe expansions or when you mean reprinted do you mean the old ccg version.

No. When Cthulhu was first converted to an lcg, the asylum packs held 40 cards. This was true for the Summons of the Deep and Dreamlands Cycles, as well as Ancient Horrors and Mountains of Madness APs. With the Yuggoth cycle, they switched to 60 card asylum packs. The Summons cycle and ancient horrors and mountains of madness were reprinted with 60 cards (where they had previously been only 40), but dreamlands never got the reprint. So the dreamlands cycle will be unique in that each of its packs will have only 40 cards.

Hope this helps!

alright thank you