Clarifications

By L81Corvette, in Game of Thrones: The Card Game

Just received the game as a Christmas gift in the hopes of using it as a way to get my wife to the game table for a change. So far so good, but I have a couple of questions that the rulebook wasn't entirely clear about. They would probably be obvious to anyone familiar with the LCG, but this is my first card game from FFG, so I'm totally new.

The Plot Cards: I had assumed Plot Cards would be house specific, but after unboxing the components, they have the same card backs and nothing to distinguish any card as being associated with any particular house. Should they be diligently kept separated as packed, or - in the case of drafting plots - kept in one universal plot deck that anyone can draft from?

High-Claim Military Challenges: The paragraph on this seems to indicate at first glance that having a duplicate of a character won't save it from being killed during a military claim, but it also seems that it could be saying that an attacker with a claim value of 2 or higher would have to kill one of each character in play, perhaps leaving the duplicate card to "fight another day?"

Outside of those two confusions on my part, it's a very straightforward and fun game and I totally wouldn't mind seeing some fixed-deck additional house expansions in the future!

Thanks in advance for any answers!

The seven plot cards for each house have the same back as the others so you cant tell the difference when doing plot draft. I just keep them seperated fromt he draft plots, especially since the way I read the plot draft rules both players keep their starting 7 and only draft the extras.

The high claim military paragraph is just sayingthat when you lose a 2 claim military challenge you must choose and kill two different characters, not the same one twice (even if it could be saved). You may still save either/both of the two you choose for claim via duplicate or bodyguard.

Thanks Keggy! That's exactly the info I was looking for!

Keggy said:

The seven plot cards for each house have the same back as the others so you cant tell the difference when doing plot draft. I just keep them seperated fromt he draft plots, especially since the way I read the plot draft rules both players keep their starting 7 and only draft the extras.

But just to be clear you never have more than 7 plot cards. As the OP said there really aren't house specific and this is mostly (100%?) true in the LCG. However for ease of play you are assigned 7 specific plots in the Card Game as long as you don't play with optional drafting (which is also not in the LCG.)

SOme plots in the LCG say "House Stark Only" or whatever, in that case, you couldn't put the card in your deck. Unless you were specifically playing House Stark, that is.