Two quick rules questions.

By Etna''s Vassal, in Dust Warfare Rules Discussion

These rules queries came up today, and to be honest I'm really not too sure how to interpret the rules here.

First, does "The Gunners" ability to take a second bazooka mean that they can't then upgrade their bazookas to M9-Ds? It sort of makes that upgrade kind of useless as all you can give that upgrade to "Death Dealers", nobody else.

Second, do you have to be inside/in contact with cover in order to benefit from it? Or does it simply have to be between the attacker's and defender's squad leaders? The rulebook kind of contradicts itself on this point (I don't have my rulebook with me, sorry, but if you look under cover it says in base-to-base or inside, and I believe in line of sight it says between the attacker and the defender). I can post the page numbers later if it will help.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

The Gunners can take only one upgrade. Either the second bazooka or the M9-D bazookas, but not both.

Intervening terrain counts toward cover. Also if the target is touching or is in terrain, that counts too. However, it is suggested that players discuss and agree on terrain before the game starts and there is a suggestion that players can choose terrain like walls to only count if the target is behind them. As a veteran of many table-top games, discussing terrain is necessary and prevents heated arguments during the game. In almost every game, the "rules" for terrain is usually a guideline to help players with defining terrain.