I know they just got ahold of it but...

By Luftwaffe Flak, in Battlelore

any news on some new expansions to the game? Id love some things that arent collectible . enfadado.gif

They just talked more about the heroes expansion (spring 2009). And gave a nod to that they are going to do something with the hill giant and earth elemental (my guess is forum participation drawings and possibly organized play).

With FFG releasing android in a matter of weeks after their first announcement of it I'm guessing FFG will be holding information about new things a whole lot closer to their release so I would just enjoy what is currently released.

Thank you Tyler, glad to hear about the Heroes! Any actual pics of that yet or nay?

I could stand for some elves myself...

Pardon my ignorance but why and when did Battlelore switch from DoW to FFG?

shawn_low said:

Pardon my ignorance but why and when did Battlelore switch from DoW to FFG?

The when part is easy: late August/early September. The why part is a little more complicated and leaves room for interpretation. The simple (and reasonable) version is that DoW did not feel it was able to support the game at an adequate pace while providing that same level of support to Memoir '44. The opportunity to sell BL to FFG arose, and they took it.

From the way I am being treated by DOW, it was my fault ! They decided to poop in a bag and try to sell it to fans. I decided to call them on it and wrote an open letter on BGG. It got heated and lots of diehard fans said they didn't want to support DOW if this was how they would be treated.

Next thing you know, DOW announces they are selling it to FFG. And FFG seemed as surprised as us that it fell on their lap.

Remember Colt that I got somewhat the same treatment as you - although I didn't write the letter. So I can feel your pain.

Cab

ColtsFan76 said:

From the way I am being treated by DOW, it was my fault ! They decided to poop in a bag and try to sell it to fans. I decided to call them on it and wrote an open letter on BGG. It got heated and lots of diehard fans said they didn't want to support DOW if this was how they would be treated.

Next thing you know, DOW announces they are selling it to FFG. And FFG seemed as surprised as us that it fell on their lap.

You had the general support from most of the active forum users. You were their greatest advocate on the boards, and they didn't seem to value your opinion either. If there was finger-pointing, then it could fall to all of us that were were vocal about the unfulfilled promises and complete (seemingly smug) silence surrounding the future of our Beloved Battlelore. I figured that DOW couldn't find a way to tie TTR to it, and so it was shuffling off to a slow death. And the Troll/Map was ridiculous.

I was very happy with the move, and now time will tell if I spend my leisure hours playing Battlelore or griping about it. . .

Z

If it was your fault, Colts, then there's a big virtual hug with your name on it, right here ----> gran_risa.gif

Ah, poor colts. Heh! That gives me an idea. Why don't we get FFG mad and then they will sell it to GW!

HonorforONEFilms said:

Ah, poor colts. Heh! That gives me an idea. Why don't we get FFG mad and then they will sell it to GW!

No poor me. I just wish DOW would sell M44 so i can forget them completely.

I like BL here and it was the best thing DOW did for the BL line. When a fantasy C&C was announced, i always thought it should go to FFG instead. I am quite happy how it all worked out.

I've never played M44. More interested in warhammer right now.

Colt only said out loud what most of us seemed to be thinking of and hinting at in the forums...