Prinzluther?

By parcival42, in Dust Warfare Rules Discussion

I just picked up the Operation Hades book and noticed that the Prinzluther doesn't have any special rules aside from Carry Capacity. Didn't the preview say that it was supposed to have Command Vehicle as a special rule? Is that only a Tactics rule?

Aside from saving 7 points or force org restrictions, why would anyone ever take a Prinzluther over a Sturmprinz?

Other than the two reasons you already mentioned (point cost and the ability to gain the walker as additional support rather than a standard support slot - and don't forget the reduced carrying capacity), no reason at all. But those reasons are what make the Prinzluther appealing - it is cheaper and does not reduce your support options as much as the Sturmprinz. You cannot field a platoon with 4 walkers if you field the Sturmprinz. You can with the Prinzluther…

Mike J said:

You cannot field a platoon with 4 walkers if you field the Sturmprinz. You can with the Prinzluther…

And thus, the "Zombie Clown Car" list is born. ;)

And who doesn't love a zombie clown car???

you guys are crazy, how can a car be a zombie, it was never alive in the first place!

This discussion only reinforces my belief that a Zombie Clown Car attack force is appealling to more than just me!

Dammit you mugs, stop this! You're only reinforcing the notion in my head that I MUST HAVE IT!

Seriously, it's a good cheap walker with some good AAA capability that carries troops in relative safety to the point where they can jump out and mug someone. And yes, it would be good for zombies… (I picutre them as "Invader Zim" -style animation, sitting on their benches waiting…)

In some pickup games at my LGS, I played some games with these guys.

It is a good method to get troops up the board somewhat quickly. My list was pretty thin at 8 activations, 2 Transports, a Flamm Luther and a Wotan plus some various. but with 4 walkers bearing down on the opponent, it stressed him out. With a formation that is hell bent on getting next to the enemy, its great. You can use them to overrun a target, placing suppression down. Pop out zombies. When the Zombies attack the enemy that is suppressed right on top of em, the only reactions are CC reactions. Its a great 1 2 punch.

They are DC6 which is nice and put out 9 dice versus Type 2 in the front arc..

Really, they are great for the Hades campaign and casualties. The casualty role is made when a unit has lost a model. The transport helps get units to the battle without casualties and packing a DC of 6, is not as easy to kill as other type 4s.