CCGformat : Disgrace and passive effect

By PRODIGEE, in CoC Rules Discussion

I know there have been answers to this one on the previous forum, but I can't find it :

-- Neutral --
Disgrace
--------
Type : Event
Cost : 0
Subtype :
Game Text: Action: choose a character. Until the end of the phase, that character gets -1 skill and gains an icon of your choice.
Flavor text:
Illustrator: Vincent Dutrai
Collector's Info: FC C132

-- Cthulhu --
Fragment of Lemuria
-------------------
Type : Support
Cost : 2
Subtype : Location. Lost City.
Game Text: While you control a [Cthulhu] character, opponents' characters lose a T icon. While you control a [syndicate] character, opponents' characters lose an I icon.
Flavor text:
Illustrator: Marc Simonetti
Collector's Info: FC U71

I've got a problem on how it works :

My opponent play Cthulhu, I play Yog

I'm willing to attack him, with, let's say, Ghost, which has 0T icon.

It's 0T icon disapear with the fragments of lemuria my opponent own. I commit, my opponent commits his characters and I choosed to play a disgrace to give my character (Ghost) 1 T icon. DId the fragmùent takes predominance, giving my characters 0 icons ? or did my character finally get his icon ,?

You are in the case of the "Icone Removal" Faq 2.0

"
(v1.8) Icon Removal
If, after all modifiers have been applied, a character
has a negative number of a specific icon, that
character is considered to have 0 icons of that
kind.
If a new modifier is added into the mix, all icon
modifiers must be re-applied to the printed number
of icons in order to re-determine how many
icons of that type that character has.
You can “remove” an icon from a character who
does not have that icon, but the modified number
of icons that character possesses will still be 0.
"

So each time you have a modifier icon added, all icon's modifier must be re-applied.

Fragment of lemuria is a permanent effect, so you play your disgrace (1 T for your ghost), the lemuria remove one of your 1T icon on your ghost so you have 0 T on your ghost.

All effect you will play to give only one T icon to your characters will be removed by the Lemuria effect.

Well Thzank you for the answer, Jeff .... but I stil feel a little confuse on how counterintuitive it seems to me ...

The passic effect takes predominance, anytime I try to play my event... No possibilty to bypass it ...

PRODIGEE said:

The passic effect takes predominance, anytime I try to play my event... No possibilty to bypass it ...

Yes, it's the interest (or the problem for the opponent) of passive effect. You must destroy the card to avoid it's effect.

Regarding to the last post I read on this thread, there is place for card that might get ride of such effects, which are not cancellable with some Hasturian tricks ... There is room for futur cards, so ... ^^