Stuck on A1, legend 1

By schmoo34, in Legends of Andor

Quest lists four objectives. One of the objectives is to go to the merchant and buy a strength token for two gold. In order to get two gold you must end your turn on a space which allows you to get that money. But the quest also adds that you have to accomplish all four objectives in just one turn. I do not know how I can purchase something for two gold when I must first end my turn in order to get the gold

I think I may have this figured out. Players can take multiple turns but they can only do so many actions within one day. The rules don't say this anywhere. However, it is the only thing that makes sense.

If it really says that you must finish all four in 'one turn' it's probably a typo. My guess is it's supposed to say 'one day'. Since you have a bunch of "turns" in the shape of hours it should be doable.

Yes, the big leap you have to make is to understand that there are "Multiple turns" in one day. It is not clear anywhere within the documentation. Even the example they give you.

Wizard moves two spaces and "ends turn" and is on hour two.

Elsewhere it says, once all players finish movement, go to sunrise.

Well, it seemed as if you move two spaces and forfeit the other 5 for that day.

But that is not the case. You can have many turns throughout the day…it just means that if you move, your turn ends and you don't attack until next turn. The Legend played out much smoother once this concept was understood.

I LOVE the idea of this game, but the implementation of the rules leaves much to be desired. There is a ton of ambiguity, and even within the small ruleset they do give you, they assume things such as where you are on the progress meter, but we already slayed some monsters and were way past that (because you move the progress meter after slaying monsters).

I finished the first legend. I understand it better now. It should go smoother from here on out. My next worries are why anyone would want to be anything but a dwarf as legend 1 turned into. Slay monster, ****** up gold, buy strength points, rinse and repeat. With the dwarf having a huge advantage because he can buy two strengthpoints for the same price.

And lastly, the numbering on the board seems random at times. 11,12,13,14 are all south of the castle and 15 is north of the castle. I figured out that the numbering seems to follow a circular formula (radius from castle) but again, non-intuitive.

Great game, great concept, not intuitive/ambiguous at times. But now that we figured it out, and once more folks chat about the rules, I feel it will flesh itself out. Still wondering why anyone wants to be the wizard or archer and also worried that legend 1 is introductory only and legend 6 is blank so that means I only have 4 legends of actual play. Is there enough replay value to this? I don't know yet…I'm still playing (and enjoying it, I must stress that point)…but will likely start legend 2 today.

Well as I understand it from reading the rule sheets, previews and news about this game the constructor was giving you as a player free hands to create your own Legend 6 (and 7,8,9 etcetera in absurdum) so I would hazard a guess that some people will. And hopefully post them here and/or over at BGG for others to enjoy.

I thought the rules were pretty clear that there are up to seven hours per day, 1 action = 1 hour, plus an additional 3 hours with a penalty of -2 willpower for each hour. The player has the option of ending his or her day at anytime by returning the marker to the sunrise box.

I finished the first legend. I understand it better now. It should go smoother from here on out. My next worries are why anyone would want to be anything but a dwarf as legend 1 turned into. Slay monster, ****** up gold, buy strength points, rinse and repeat. With the dwarf having a huge advantage because he can buy two strengthpoints for the same price.

You do know that the dwarf only gets this discount at the mines, right? Also, I found as the Wizard, being able to change any one to a six in a team battle to be an awesome power, particularly if someone had the witches brew (you'll see those in Legend 2). The archer being able to target adjacent enemies gives the archer an extra hour to work with (doesn't have to move to the region with the enemy). This is also a big advantage. Strength isn't everything in this game, that is something I love about it.

Edited by Happycatmachine