adding a 5th player?

By warpi9, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Beginner Game

My group has 5 players and was wondering about somehow adding a 5th player. But would this ruin the adventure? Also I have no idea on a good character build for the adventure would be? Or even how to do it?

There are two additional character folios and an adventure here . With the addition of another character some minimal adjustments may need to be made to the opposition.

I guess I should've looked at the support page first. Thanks.

As far as having a 5th player ruin the adventure, it's not likely to happen.

I ran the BB adventure last night for my Wed Nite Group with 5 players, and there were no hiccups where the adventure itself was concerned (there were a few dice hiccups, such as the Wookiee catching a blaster bolt in the rump from a fellow PC, but that was due to dice results).

The combat encounters are set-up in such a way as to scale based on the number of players; for instance, the first actual fight (a brief scuffle in a cantina) has 1 bad guy for each PC, with later encounters being set-up in a similar fashion.

If you've only got the tokens that came with the box set to work with, you might run into a bit of trouble as there are only 4 tokens for each type of general bad guy, but it's easy enough to just use some of the different tokens for the 5th baddie.

Which of the two downloadable characters did you use?

copperbell said:

Which of the two downloadable characters did you use?

We used the Explorer, as nobody was keen to play the grease-monkey and having a combat-savvy character never hurts.