Starting A Game of Thrones play group in Toronto, Ontario, Canada!

By CoBe2, in 1. AGoT General Discussion

We are looking for two more players interested in getting involved in a weekly play group. The plan is to split costs on chapter packs in order to keep start up costs down. We already have a Stark, Targaryen, Lannister, and Baratheon player. If you are interested in getting into the game and would like to play Greyjoy or Martell let me know. Our aim is to get progressively more competitive, and field a team at Worlds. We all come from competitive CCG backgrounds and have played on other pro tours.

We also intend to play Star Wars LCG competitively as well, and we already play MtG in our group as well.

Hope to hear from you. New and experienced players are welcome!

Although we are only looking for two players to join our team. We are also looking for as many people as possible to organize competitive practice events. Plus if you're interested in just getting together with us a couple times a month to test your AGoT decks let me know.

Cant wait till you guys get going so you can come down to the Canadian national this year in ottawa or maybe we can orgainze a few toronto vs ottawa events just for fun.

When is the Canadian Nationals, and where? We're also planning on promoting a large tournament here in Toronto. Something with a large enough prize pool to draw up some of the players from the states.

Myself and a couple of my friends my be intersted in your bigger events, or when we are looking for a 4th. We're not really into the card sharing aspect. I have all the cards, and one of the guys I regularly play with has most of them. Keep me (us) in the loop

What area of town are you in?

I live in midtown, Yonge and Eglinton. 401 Convenience would probably the easiest place to meet up. Glad to get a response. Will definitely keep you posted. I'm sure you could probably help us withbtiming issues early on. Shorten the learning curve a bit.

I live in midtown, Yonge and Eglinton. 401 Convenience would probably the easiest place to meet up. Glad to get a response. Will definitely keep you posted. I'm sure you could probably help us withbtiming issues early on. Shorten the learning curve a bit.

Hi,

I'm glad to hear that more people are playing the game in Ontario. Even If I'm still not able to find payers in Quebec for the moment, It looks like at least, they will be some event in Canada the next year.

In the next weeks I should be able to organise a demo day in my local store. Who know, maybe in the future we would be able to do something like Montral meta vs Ottawa or Toronto meta.

Hey, I'd love to get involved with this group. I have been looking for a regular play group for awhile. I already have a signficant card library but would be interested in focusing on one house to play more competitively.

I'd would play Greyjoy.

Hallo, I might be interested in AGoT, but mostly replying here for Star Wars LCG (or LOTR LCG) and see if a playgroup evolves in Toronto. Thanks.

I am also a former competitive ccg player who literally just got into the agot lcg. I would like to join a group and play. Please reply to the post or pm me and we can arrange a game night.

Just get into the game recently, would like to join a play group in Toronto

Im also a player in the Montreal area, and would be very interested in going to a Canadian National, be it Ottawa even Toronto.

And for that Montreal player, Im on the North Shore.

I've sent personal messages to everyone interested on a number of forums so it looks like the group will be up and running soon. I've found players in Toronto, Mississauga, Bolton, and even Orangeville that are interested. Some are available on a weekly basis, while others are only able to attend once a month but that's fine by me.

The idea is to develop a competitive playgroup that's able to generate a lot of different ideas, and perspectives on the current meta. Plus one of my original reasons for getting into this game is the multiplayer aspect of the game. Not since Vampire the Etarnal Struggle have I seen such a well designed multiplayer card game. Hopefully with the number of players I've come across we can focus on both Joust and melee.

Looking forward to getting things started.

Well it looks like one of are local gaming stores (the comic book shop) is submitting an application for a regional event early in May in Ottawa Ontario. It will take place in their 100 table gaming area at the Ottawa ComicCon which had over 9,000 attendees last year and should bring in lots of people to play AGoT this year. If your planning on hitting a Canadian regional put this one down in your calendars. ;)

This is fantastic - I've been trying to get a competitive meta going in Toronto for quite some time now. I urge you to speak with the management at 401 Games about this - I'm on good terms with them and they've expressed an interest in running Game of Thrones events. They've already preordered the Season One Game Night kits (as well as the Star Wars LCG kit).

They haven't yet figured out what days would be best - last I heard they were leaning towards Sundays or a weeknight early in the week (Monday or Tuesday).

Please keep this topic updated! I collect the cards and so wouldn't be splitting packs with you guys, but I'd love to see a regular tournament scene get started in TO.

I live in Hamilton, ON and I just got into the game a couple of weeks ago. I am currently learning to play with a couple fo friends. I have ordered my second core set and plan to buy the expansions soon. I have very little CCG experience, but I am heavy into the GoT board game. I really hope you guys get something going because I would eventually love to get competitive once I learn the game well and begin building custom decks in the next couple of months. I have been searching for a shop in southern Ontario that hosts aGoT game nights/tournements with no luck. I even find it hard to find stores that sell anything aGot:LCG related. I'm looking forward to eventaully playing against others. Keep me posted.

Strangly enough you can find a game in ottawa at the bars. Specificly the Farmteam Cookhouse and Bar (683 Bank Street) at 7:30ish pm on Tuesdays. So, you may want to look for a facebook group or other gaming group pages in your area to make sure people are not playing at a bar near you. ;)

Hope you guys will be coming out to the Ottawa Ontario Regional event on May 12th. ;)

Looking to start playing in Toronto! I hit up a Toronto Facebook group as well. I own the core set - looking to play stark and brother might be playing targaryen.

Is there actually a play group in toronto. I live up in the richmond hill area.

If you don't get a response here, check on CardGameDB.com

Yes there is - in fact, I'm running an event at 401 Games (located at 518 Yonge Street, downtown Toronto) this Monday, January 27, at 6PM. Entry will be $3 which goes towards the cost of the Season 3 kit.

This will be a Swiss-style Joust event, three or four rounds depending on turnout and timing.

Among the prizes available are alternate artwork versions of Davos Seaworth and The Power of Blood, and a Season Three Champion playmat. I'll also be providing one or two prizes from my own collection.
Hope to see you there!