Has this been officially released or not?

By DylanRPG, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Beginner Game

I pre-ordered Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Beginer Game from Miniature Market at a discounted price, and was surprised to learn here on the forums that some gamers have already acquired this from their local store.

Indeed the RSS Feed for this game says it's "In Stores Now", however, the Miniature Market still lists it as a pre-order and I can't seem to find a local store that lists it in stock.

I called Miniature Market to ask about this, and the status of my order ("Payment Pending" even though it's gone through on my bank account), and I was told that it's still in pre-order status, they don't have them, and in fact, the last they heard was to expect the product in "early 2013".

And yet it's in stores.

What's going on?

Shouldn't there be a big official announcement on the front page that the game is available, if, in fact, it is officially available?

I don't know about that store, but I got my copy today, and it was available in local store in my area since last Thursday.

Interesting. Most stores in my area haven't even heard of it. Sad face.

Lovely. I ordered this through Miniature Market as well. I guess we're SOL for now.

My local store seemed clueless as well, and ofcourse it says out of stock here on FFG. atontado

I was able to secure a copy through Amazon.com … I'm going to try to get a refund from Miniature Market since they haven't actually received or shipped the game yet, and thus it seems I should be within my rights to cancel the order.

aljovin said:

I don't know about that store, but I got my copy today, and it was available in local store in my area since last Thursday.

My local store doesn't have them as of today. They're on order, probably be in thursday.

First it's out!

There seems to be a short supply of the initial run as only 1 out of 5 stores, locally, recieved copies. They sold out in an hour. The other 4 stores, are arguably smaller, but they have still not recieved their initial shipment, and the distributer is telling them there "isn't any to send them". Mind you, all 5 of these stores use the exact same distributer.

Anyway, good luck with finding one.

Mac

It's out I got one copy at a local comic store. FRP games has sent me an email last week saying that they sent out my preorder.

Got mine at my FLGS on this past friday. Very nice.

I've just received word that Miniature Market will be receiving their shipment on Wednesday and shipping out the same day.

Looks like it is available now from FFG. I think they just wanted to be fair to retailers and not sell it early.