M9 and M9-D bazookas [Note: Op:Hades Spoilers]

By Hush, in Dust Warfare Rules Discussion

So, I just got my Op:Hades book, and playing allies, I automatically went over to what the allies got. Under upgrades, there's an allied Upgrade to turn M9 bazookas into M9-D bazookas. However, after looking through the main rulebook the two expansions, and the Erratta, I can't seem to find any in-game difference between an M9 and M9-D bazooka. They're both bunched together in the core rules and neither have any special abilities for it.

At the moment, am I paying 1 AP for nothing? Or am I missing something?

Check the stat differences between Rosie and the Bot hunters.

M9-D is 1/4 against all Vehicles.

ItsUncertainWho said:

Check the stat differences between Rosie and the Bot hunters.

M9-D is 1/4 against all Vehicles.

As Uncertain has pointed out, it's the stat line. That's enough, in my book. Join Rosie to a Bot Hunter squad w/upgrade and you get 3 1/4 shots… not too shabby. Little in the game is going to take that kind of beating and live.

Ah, totally forgot about looking at Rosie's statline. Thanks chaps!

Would not adding a second bazooka to the unit count as the unit's upgrade?

Dakkon426 said:

Would not adding a second bazooka to the unit count as the unit's upgrade?

It's not so much an upgrade as they are two separate units that share 4 models.

Either someone has been playing tactics too often or they need to look at there rule book again as its listed as an upgrade costing 3 points.

Well, I have never played Tactics.

It's unclear whether the "one upgrade" restriction in the Hades book extends beyond the list presented in Hades. While I can understand the Axis desire to limit the Allies to one M9D per squad, this will have to get an official ruling before anything gets put to bed. It could go either way.

I will send Zach a request.

Rule Question:
The DW:Hades book introduced many 'Unit Upgrades' for armies. In that section it says a unit may purchase one upgrade.

In the DW:Core Rulebook, the Allies Combat Ranger Squad and Axis Battle Grenadiers maybe be "upgraded" to replace guns with a second heavy weapon. Do these unit upgrades prevent the unit from then taking a DW:Hades 'Unit Upgrade'?
Each Soldier unit in a force may purchase one unit upgrade. This includes the unit-specific unit upgrades available to the Combat Ranger Squad and the Battle Grenadiers. If a unit purchases a unit-specific unit upgrade, it cannot purchase an additional unit upgrade from CB: Hades , and vice versa.
I hope this has answered your question. Happy Gaming!
Zach Tewalthomas
Assoc. Miniatures Games Producer
Fantasy Flight Games

I would have bet money the other way.

ItsUncertainWho said:

You and me both, Uncertain. You and me both.

Major Malfunction said:

Rule Question:
The DW:Hades book introduced many 'Unit Upgrades' for armies. In that section it says a unit may purchase one upgrade.

In the DW:Core Rulebook, the Allies Combat Ranger Squad and Axis Battle Grenadiers maybe be "upgraded" to replace guns with a second heavy weapon. Do these unit upgrades prevent the unit from then taking a DW:Hades 'Unit Upgrade'?
Each Soldier unit in a force may purchase one unit upgrade. This includes the unit-specific unit upgrades available to the Combat Ranger Squad and the Battle Grenadiers. If a unit purchases a unit-specific unit upgrade, it cannot purchase an additional unit upgrade from CB: Hades , and vice versa.
Zach Tewalthomas
Fantasy Flight Games

Anyone have any ideas when FFG might publish a new FAQ?

Major Malfunction said:

Rule Question:

Zach Tewalthomas
Fantasy Flight Games

So, just to make things clear… either I choose to have a unit with 2 M-9 bazookas as stated in the core book, OR I upgrade 1 M-9 to M-9D Bazooka as stated in Hades. Is that how it works? Can´t I pay for both upgrades?

jkrax said:

Major Malfunction said:

Rule Question:

Zach Tewalthomas
Fantasy Flight Games

So, just to make things clear… either I choose to have a unit with 2 M-9 bazookas as stated in the core book, OR I upgrade 1 M-9 to M-9D Bazooka as stated in Hades. Is that how it works? Can´t I pay for both upgrades?

Yes, thats exactly how it works unless an FAQ comes out that says otherwise.

jkrax said:

Can´t I pay for both upgrades?

No, a unit can only have one upgrade.

Major Malfunction said:

ItsUncertainWho said:

You and me both, Uncertain. You and me both.

I insist:

M9-D BAZOOKAS (1 AP)
The unit is charged with anti-armor duties, and has been
equipped for the task. Each miniature in a unit with this
upgrade who is equipped with an M9 Bazooka replaces
it with an M9-D Bazooka.
It clearly says "EACH MINIATURE (…) WHO IS EQUIPED WITH AN M9 BAZOOKA…"; as if it pointed out that more than one miniature could benefit from this upgrade. Oh well, I guess this upgrade goes to the Bot Hunters; if only the Bot Hunters had a Dust Warfare exclusive entry… arghhhh….

This leaves that upgrade open for future units to benefit from, should they choose to maybe have a unit of USMC Soldier 1 guys with Bazookas, then it might make sense. So, who knows.