Next Expansion: House Greyjoy, House Targareyan (??)

By SFRR, in Battles of Westeros

Unfortunately that means FFG are unable to release the next expansion until the next book is out, and grrm has already said it won't be this year.

That's also an interesting point. Still, games reach Battles of Blackwater; if they want to, they could have realised a Night's Watch / Wildlings expansion to cover the events of Mance attacking the Wall, for instance, or some scenes of the Greyjoy invasion of the North. Dunno.

Some form of Second edition would be nice, it doesn't make any sense why FFG wouldn't be absuing their ASOIF license while they have it at the height of it's popularity.

After finishing Season 5, I just ordered BoW with all expansions to shorten the waitingtime. I also own GoT 2nd Edition and love it, but it's hard to organize enough players. It would be a shame if they wouldn't bring another expansion. I believe it's a great game with a great license. If they aren't sure about the the sales, a Kickstarter-Campaign would remove risk and probably hype the game again.

Before the new content can be released FFG need more source material, so it'll be April at the earliest before we hear anything.

The Problem I see is, that it has become awefully quiet around this game. A Wildling/Night's Watch expansion should have been possible. Or maybe just a Cardexpansion like with GoT Boardgame just to show that the game is still supported.

If wishes were fishes....

If wishes were horses..... we'd all be eating stakes.

Sorry, couldn't resist a firefly quote.

A night's watch / wildling expansion wouldn't have fitted. Yet.

We've seen enough of their units but an expansion includes a selection of scenarios taken from the books, we haven't seen anything that fits yet.

Once the next book is out we'll see them fighting the Bolton's/freys (stark + Lanni) and fighting alongside stannis (bara) and who knows what else.

When that happens FFG can release a full expansion for that faction, releasing it early would be a hollow experience. Fine for random skirmishes but without the storytelling aspect that make BoW such a great game.

It is a candidate for the first expansion for next year.

It's a victim of GRRM's slow writing.

Well, I just hope you are right and we will see something new 2016. But thanks for giving me a little hope.