Oh by the way… I made another fan expansion.

By thecorinthian, in Fan Creations

It's called ' The Door To Saturn '.

Just, y'know, FYI.

Wow GREAT job !! pillo

Wow!… Good to see you back…after that last email you just seemed kinda burned out on the whole scene and I thought it just best to leave well enough alone. I look forward to adding this new one to the collection.

-thepuppet-

suicidepuppet said:

after that last email you just seemed kinda burned out on the whole scene

Oh, did I? Sorry! Although tbh I don't play Arkham as much as I used to, which is why this expansion hasn't had much playtesting. The expansion is also a sort of "mixed bag" of every bit of custom content I had left over. (Many of the ideas were left over from that unfinished "Arkham Underground" expansion that we brainstormed on the forums, if anyone remembers that).

So I wouldn't get your hopes up that I would ever do any more custom content after this, but I suppose you never know…

My hat is off to you. I've been cracking my mind on how to implement a silenced gun to AH in a way it would feel thematic and I did not think of your idea- sneak instead of fight? awesome! Not original as Strom of Spirits uses lore instead of fight, yet I didn't think of it myself so kudos to you. This opens a wealth of possibilities: Lucky Gun- use luck instead of fight; Horrifying Blade- use will instead of fight (this one, however, might be overpowered); Fencing Sword- use speed instead of fight.

I actually made a few monsters some time ago that forced you to use stats other than fight when battling them (one per stat) yet I still didn't think to implement it in an item.

Awww, thanks! Now I have to be modest and point out the flaws in my own item. Using one ability "as another" can make other effects quite ambiguous! Is it still a "fight check", or does it now count as a "sneak check" - and in either case is it still a "combat check"? I have no idea really… it will have to be left up to the players to resolve the inevitable rules problems.

There's also the problem that what the .22 Automatic really does - rather than make you stealthier - is to allow you to be better at Horror checks! Because you can max out your Will without losing fight dice. Plus it's pretty illogical anyway, because in Arkham Horror you can't accomplish things stealthily by actually fighting a monster; the only way to be stealthy is to evade the monsters completely. SO really it is very illogical… :)

thecorinthian said:

suicidepuppet said:

after that last email you just seemed kinda burned out on the whole scene

Oh, did I? Sorry! Although tbh I don't play Arkham as much as I used to, which is why this expansion hasn't had much playtesting. The expansion is also a sort of "mixed bag" of every bit of custom content I had left over. (Many of the ideas were left over from that unfinished "Arkham Underground" expansion that we brainstormed on the forums, if anyone remembers that).

So I wouldn't get your hopes up that I would ever do any more custom content after this, but I suppose you never know…

Hey, EVERYTHING is appreciated. I have been posting thank you notes to all the forums that cover AH and ES and you deserve yours. It was Golden Scarab that got me started tracking down all the fan content I could find. I wish this year had went better but I'm waiting to clear up a cc situation so I can go ahead and upgrade my web hosting and start archiving properly. I just didn't trust any file sharing service after all the Megaupload type situations and now I know the material will be around and safe.

As for the future, well, if we get past the Mayans who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of…multi-tentacled deep sea creatures? :)

See ya!

This looks great.

I have only one problem and its probably me, I can't open the 'Expedition Boards' or 'Card Decks' eon files in Strange eons (2.1) all I get is a little hat symbol in the preview pane?

Gav.

Spiog said:

I can't open the 'Expedition Boards' or 'Card Decks' eon files in Strange eons (2.1) all I get is a little hat symbol in the preview pane?

- Which 'preview pane' do you mean?

- I made those files with Strange Eons 3, so maybe they're not back-compatible? Try upgrading SE, version 3305 is available.

- Maybe the deck files can't locate the other .eon files that they are supposed to contain? (Though usually it can handle that; it just asks you where the files are.)

Really it sounds like a Strange Eons problem, you could ask Thelric on the Strange Eons thread.

I think I read that it's not backward compatible. So if you created those files with 3.*, there could be some problems using 2.* to read them.