New to game - CHaracter Creation and Thord Thundrik

By DurakBlackaxe, in Journey to Black Fire Pass

I have only played one game in the summer. Finally got the game from the sales.

My question is this, i was using the characters from the Journey to Black Fire Pass as a basis for how to make characters. Gunnar Thundrik worked out as expected. But having a problem with Thord, he seems to use 1 creation point to many.

So since most people here been playing for years, maybe you can help me by telling me where i went wrong.

Str 5, To 5, Ag 3, Int 2, Wp 3, Fell 2

So to get those stats. Str and To went to 4 from the trollslayer career.

So to get 5 costs 5 creation points. So altogether the stats would costs 16 points (5 +5 + 3 +3)

He took one talent so that 1 pont.

he took 3 action cards thats 2 points

2 skills trained thats 1 point

he has a greataxe and 17 silver coins, so must be poor. Broke wouldnt have given him that much money left over. Thats 1 point.

So my math equation becomes

16 + 1 + 2+ 1 + 1 = 21 points

A dwarf is only meant to have 20, so where have i gone wrong?

Also the hunter works out at 23 points.

Only the Agent and miner worked out for me.

Your math is indeed correct. I'm guessing that those characters were thrown together with rough estimates rather than strict point costs as it's a demo scenario and new players wouldn't be going over them with a fine toothed comb.

That being said, I was going to run this scenario with 6 players so I'm looking at using all 4 pregens and another 2 dwarves that I'll have to create with related backstories. I'm hoping my group will really like this game as they don't mind having bits and pieces here and there, and having the rules all in front of them while they play will be a big selling point.

Your Math is right as Superchunck wrote. They just made the democharacters more funky. Especially the Slayer.

If you want the miner valden heldour to have more fun give him a two handed pick. :)