Form Fillable Character Sheet (pdf) … Enjoy!

By DylanRPG, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Beginner Game

They're not hard to make. They can be done up in Illustrator or the free Inkscape program. Just output the file as PDF once done. That gets you a printable sheet. To make them editable, I use Acrobat Pro and extend permissions for Acrobat Reader to be able to save the file that a user modifies (fills out).

Any chance you would be willing to post the "pre-pdf" version of the files someplace?

Thanks!

-Ed

cannot download comming up with a file not found error

edwardp said:

Any chance you would be willing to post the "pre-pdf" version of the files someplace?

Thanks!

-Ed

Not sure if this was directed at me, but if it was, then I can't post what I don't have. I start with already existing PDFs and just add the form functionality to make the fillable in Adobe Reader. If I really need to take the sheet apart, then I import it into Illustrator to move stuff around then turn it back into a PDF and adjust the form fields over the background image.

hello there. i would like to see what type of edge of the empire sheets there are.

Hey everybody, original poster here. I've been away for a while, and wasn't aware my file was no longer working. I'll have it up and running soon, and will edit the original post with the new link.

Dylan I hope you don't mind, my group was looking for a fillable pdf and I found yours and improved upon it a bit. Thought I'd offer it here since you provided the base work for much of the form fill. ( Main forum thread )

Changes

• Generally improved some issues with alignment
  • Added form fields for each section and subsection (i.e. weapon, damage, range, crit, special, etc for weapons)
  • Check boxes for skills
  • Updated PDF pages with higher res character sheets from FFG's website (using the same pdf style as found in the back of the core book, this resulted in a loss of the "critical injury" box in place of "Other" distinguishing features)
  • Fixed Tab order issues (you should be able to hit tab and correctly progress to the next logical form field)

dropbox link

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xwykhyxfd7nkr9v/Edge-of-the-Empire-CharacterSheet-fillable.pdf

Edited by Caied

Caied, I've linked to the updated version of your work in my original post. It is far superior and deserves widespread use :)

I am using the full version of Adobe (Adobe Pro) and cannot figure out how to edit anything.

This is amazing. Any plans to create one for Force and Destiny? I'm gonna be creating my first character soon and would love this.

Dylan I hope you don't mind, my group was looking for a fillable pdf and I found yours and improved upon it a bit. Thought I'd offer it here since you provided the base work for much of the form fill. ( Main forum thread )

Changes

• Generally improved some issues with alignment
  • Added form fields for each section and subsection (i.e. weapon, damage, range, crit, special, etc for weapons)
  • Check boxes for skills
  • Updated PDF pages with higher res character sheets from FFG's website (using the same pdf style as found in the back of the core book, this resulted in a loss of the "critical injury" box in place of "Other" distinguishing features)
  • Fixed Tab order issues (you should be able to hit tab and correctly progress to the next logical form field)

dropbox link

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xwykhyxfd7nkr9v/Edge-of-the-Empire-CharacterSheet-fillable.pdf

Drop box says link disabled

Edited: 7/16/2013

Hello everyone! So, this topic originally contained a form-fillable version of the official character sheet. I was and am happy to provide this to the community, and am glad that so many have viewed it and used it.

However, the user Caied has since improved vastly upon my design and I strongly encourage anyone to use that version instead. I will be using that version myself.

Here is a link to it, placed here because I have discovered this topic is getting linked to, and because I like the work that Caied did:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/16057259/Edge-of-the-Empire-CharacterSheet-Fillable-v3.pdf

Here is a link to Caied's topic as well: http://community.fantasyflightgames.com/index.php?/topic/86822-edge-of-the-empire-form-field-pdf/

Dylan,

I was wondering if you could Chat. I am looking for someone who can assist me with the creation of a Star Wars Character Sheet that is form fillable that will show the dice symbols but would work for all three Star Wars RPG Systems. IE offer Morality, Duty, Obligation. Also one that will let you set your lightsaber skill to the proper characteristic. This is for the Legends of the Galaxy Community Driven Organized Play Game. Let me know your thoughts.

Seriously, Inkscape form builder was free back then? Not for now, as far as I know, yet there are no actually free ones anyway. I tried some workarounds with this tool https://online-form-builder.pdffiller.com/ because it offers to make the very first form for free. But yet, it restricted to the length of the one page only