Favorite Pairing for Heroes and Squads?

By cloner4000, in Dust Tactics

What are some of you guys favorite pairing between heroes and squad for all factions. It will be interesting to see some odd but effective pairs.

Thanks!

cloner4000 said:

What are some of you guys favorite pairing between heroes and squad for all factions. It will be interesting to see some odd but effective pairs.

Thanks!

my old standby is still Bazooka Joe and a BBQ squad, but I've also recently started pairing Rhino and Tankbusters to go berserk on a heavy.

I usually pair OZZ 117 with the Hammers, he soaks some damage, and can clear some guys out with his flamer before Close Combat. Heroic Attack is nice too

Currently having great fun with The Chef and Hell Boys. Sure, it's overkill and **** expensive, but it's wonderful to watch my opponent squirm as I gather my dice for a 4-flamethrowers attack that ignores cover.

My favorite pairings so far (I don't have all the hero's yet).

Allies

Joe and the Recon Boys

Rhino and the Grim Reapers

Chef and the Hell Boys

Axis

Sigrid and the Laser Grenadiers

Lara and the Flak Gren.

Angela and the Sniper Gren.

SSU

Yakov and the Fakyeli with the Sumarkov

Red Yana and the Frontoviki with the Tredikovsky

Nikoli and Natasha

Koshka and Grand'ma

For the more odd ones try Sigrid and rosie with snipers. If lucky they can change into inf/armor meat grinders;)

In the past few games I've played, I've used Lara with the new Laser-Jagdgrenadiere.

It seems to be a great combo that is very effective against either armor or infantry (and probably even aircraft, though I haven't fought against any yet).

Get them stimmed up, and they can cause some real damage!

I also like using Manfred with the Recon Grenadiers. It's not a flashy combo, but 32 points for a unit with 10 health and a 4/2 attack against enemy armor is quite nice.

Manfred and the Sturmpionere is also a combo I use quite a bit. That pairing is a bit more expensive, but the extra mobility gives you much better ability to get those Panzerfausts into firing range.

french foreign legion paired with action jackson is currently my new favorite.

chef and hellboys were my prior favorite.

Lara + Heavy Laser Grenadiesrs is a 'must take' if You play against Allied hvy walkers. Lara can take some damage and use her Assault to get HvLasGrens on firing position, rest is usually a history. For Allies, some time ago I tried Rhino + Tank Busters. Results? Three medium walkers, one infantry squad and full Kommandotrupp cold dead in 8 turn 3x4 tiles game, with quite average rolls. Love these guys…

My favourite odd pairing is Stefan with sniper grenadiers. 26 points for a flamer that hits on blanks, is agile and has assault. Great for fights in buildings. Even the follow up mellee attack can be intersting here.

Another pairing that served me very well once were observers with Manfred. This makes a 21 point, 7 hitpoint squat with exellent cover, who is able to rain down artillery strikes. If in cover, this is one of the toughest squads in the game.

Almost any hero is an interesting experience to pair with the Snipers and see what the Spotter ability can do to it. It's a pity for the SSU that they don't have spotters (but then again most of their A2 heroes are pretty limp as well).

Try Lara with the Jagdgrenadiere. She keeps the infantry's head's down and they punish any armor in their range

Lara + Jagdgrenadiere can take 5 damage without losing any power, can't they?

??! said:

Lara + Jagdgrenadiere can take 5 damage without losing any power, can't they?

And only sufer 2 dice damage against 1/+ blast weapons :)

You sure? The whole squad only counts as 1 figure? Just because they're on a single base I don't think they wouldn't still count as 3 figures.

Loophole Master said:

You sure? The whole squad only counts as 1 figure? Just because they're on a single base I don't think they wouldn't still count as 3 figures.

The rules for incendiary blast weapons say "To apply this type of damage, roll 'X' dice for each targeted miniature and inflict one point of damage for each [crosshair] result" (Revised Core Rulebook, pg 24).

The rules for the Jagdgrenadiere say "Since the 3 soldiers in this squad are on the same base, it’s not possible to remove them
from the squad when there are casualties" (Operation Hades, pg. 30).

Thus, the question is, is having 3 soliders the same thing as having 3 miniatures?

I would say it is, since the Revised Core Rulebook (pg. 6) says "A miniature represents a single vehicle, soldier, or hero".

So, I do agree with your interpretation, although I do think that it would be nice if the rules were a bit clearer in this regard.

"roll 'X' dice for each targeted miniature "

"A miniature represents a single vehicle, soldier , or hero"

Yeah, I think that makes it clear. Roll one dice per soldier, not per squad. The fact that 3 soldiers are on the same base doesn't affect those rules.

Ok. So, say the squad has had 2 of it's health knocked off, no models are removed, so how many dice would the 1/+ now roll? Seems a bit much to roll 3 dice.

and these are some of the reasons i do not like these new "3 wound/3model' bases….just dont like them, no sir

Major Mishap said:

Ok. So, say the squad has had 2 of it's health knocked off, no models are removed, so how many dice would the 1/+ now roll? Seems a bit much to roll 3 dice.

Well, we just have to accept that these squads operate like vehicles. So they're at full strength until the moment they go POOF.

Actually, they have ruled that they are only one model for x/+ weapons, but once they have taken two wounds you may only fire one of the ranged weapons. (Either the twin MG or the anti-tank weapon, not both.)

They can take some damage without getting weaker, only count as one model if targeted by flamers and may join a hero?! Where do I get these guys?

fhaugh said:

Actually, they have ruled that they are only one model for x/+ weapons, but once they have taken two wounds you may only fire one of the ranged weapons. (Either the twin MG or the anti-tank weapon, not both.)

Link?

it is in the rulebook of operation Hades on the description for the units.

Flynnard said:

it is in the rulebook of operation Hades on the description for the units.

Except Hades says nothing about how they handle incendiary blast attacks, which is where most of the confusion seems to be.