My Wishlist for the Expansion Set

By PzVIE, in Merchant of Venus

… if there will be one.

Well, I'm a fan of MoV since the old Avalon Hill days, and the job FFG did with the new edition is outstanding. Apart from two things:

- the credit markers - there aren't simply enough of them and the denominations are not very good distributed.So more of them please.

- The Dashboards. The complete game is of outstanding quality, except for the dashboards. But these things get handled every turn! Why did they use such a thin cardboard? They did the same in the Civilization game! I quite don't understand this. And I hope, they will put thick and sturdy cardboard replacements in the expansion set. Along with the 5th and 6th player.

Any other requests from you fellow Merchants?

Only one wish… for 2013.

Since the FFG made a new player dashboard (standard version) with laser and shields dials. Then this game with exploration/trade theme can turn more close of MerchantS & Marauders style. That's my wish (Exploration/Trades/Combat).

More solo challenges to add variety. Rebalancing of the existing ones (some turn 7 and13 are harder than turn 25 challenges).

After playing just three solo games, winning one, I have shelved MOV until the expansion because I can see how each game would play out, with no surprises. Get data probe and hard burn, hope for a good draw of challenge cards and some lucky early movement dice rolls. The game is a lot of fun but solo play needs work to become replayable.

Agree with the solo challenges some of them are next to impossible and you have to be really lucky. I am OK with the dashboards not really sure I need thicker ones.

Edited by TheImp

I don't know but MoV is my discovery of the year. It's been a **** long time since I had so much fun playing a game!

I don't know but MoV is my discovery of the year. It's been a **** long time since I had so much fun playing a game!

I 2nd that. Best buy in app. 1 year. I recently bought Winter tales and Star Wars X-Wing, but both games neither floored my as much as MoV did. A really great game, but i also think that the dashboards are unnecessarily thin, there are two few 10-credit-tokens and the solo rulez are...apart. but besides that, a fantastic addition. greetz!

I never played the original, but I really enjoy this game! I just hope that if they create an expansion, they don't over-complicate things! The game has a really sweet balance to it now.

Some different pilots would be good, maybe some 20 credit tokens would be useful too. I notice that the game is currently being reprinted so its definitely selling. It would be good if someone did a Futurama mod!

With you on the requirement for more credit tokens. Oh and more pilots is a given, since only four of the races are covered. I love MoV; but it's a time sink and the idea of an epic length game is quite frankly scary :)

After some thought I have a really hard time finding what kind of expansion this game would benefit from...

Sure more Credit tokens is a must and maybe some new pilots which is always cool to have.

- Maybe a new two-sided board with a new Classic and Standard map? Maybe a more hazardous map that would need more careful piloting?

- Maybe new sets of races (including goods and techs)? To complement and/or replace those in the base game?

- A side board that could add a new cluster to explore? Smaller than the base board of course.

I really can't see, apart from "more of the same", what kind of expansion this game would greatly benefit from. It is already amazing I can't see what would make it even better!

I love this game. Which suprised me. All that ranting Standard vs Classic put me off a lttle bit. Played only Standard so far and it,s great. More Challenge Cards please. The rest is great !

Not played the Classic game; but by all accounts it's a bit like the Standard game... but somewhat stripped down. Or perhaps I should say that the Standard game is like the Classic game... but somewhat bulked out. I love MoV but it's not a game that I can bring to the table that often as it's always going to stretch to the four hour mark and beyond. I think that maybe FFG should have considered optional rules to allow all players to complete one phase of a round, then all go on to the next etc; as this would vastly reduce downtime. Admittedly I haven't found that the game lags too much; but as it stands I think that many players I know would be put off taking part in a 5 or 6 player game even if an expansion offered the option of one due to having to wait so long for their turns.

5-6 expansion.

Rastur Invasion.

Forts.

Different types of ship for purchase.

New Relics

Planetary Encounters - When at a city, draw a card, if it matches the race/system enact the card: http://files.geekdo.com/geekfile_download.php?filetype=application%2Fpdf&filename=MoV_Random_Planetary_Events_v2.pdf&filecode=78ojw8kmg6&validationcode=50834bf9a31a45a6a4377894bb588a42

A new subsystem that connects as Telegate 5 and can only be reached by Telegate. It ought to sell goods that can only be sold on at the start Hub, but it'll buy all goods at Neutral market price less $10.

I started that topic nearly two years ago ... nothing happened so far ... so I guess MoV won't be expanded.

Which is a pity, I might add.

Or should we expect a Han Solo - Merchant of Tatooine reprint